Just getting there is an experience especially if you’re driving to get there. We used Google Maps as our navigation tool which did not prove to work the best. The signage to make a turn coming from San Ramon was poorly posted and we missed it. Once you make a turn into the road leading directly to the hotel you have signs showing up regularly. The access road is only partly paved, expect many potholes and the speed under 25 miles per hour. Some of the parts tend to be steep, including the access to and from the main access road.
The property overall has a very nice park like setting. Chalet living. No AC, ceiling fan. Heat from fire place. No TV. Small fridge. Iron. Safe with key, no key was provided. Old fashioned door key, can get two.
At restaurant Beer $7, bottle of wine $41, glass $8. Tasty dinner, well prepared. Breakfast buffet with a decent selection of choices. Cheese made from milk produced on location, same with vegetables. Custom omelette available.
Polite and friendly crew with decent English. They seemed like they really tried to make our visit a positive experience.
What distorted overall positive experience was that early in the morning our smoke alarm went off with three consecutive beeps every two seconds. When we reported this at the front desk we were told it was probably a battery. I told it was not, the alarm was on. They promised to come and fix it but nobody did show up before we left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon