All reviews intended stay front desk manager clean sheets nothing fancy reasonable rates fishing trip sea life center downtown kitchenette unit docks mile
Reviewed 25 August 2017

First, I should say I was glad we were able to get the room at Marina because there were very few vacancies in Seward the days we were there. And, the location is good, the staff were friendly and helpful, the motel was quiet, and the price was reasonable compared to other places we checked. Therefore, I do feel a bit bad about rating it only a 2 out of 5, but I think that is probably accurate since it is somewhat below average in comparison to the other motels we stayed at on our trip. The room was in need of much updating, particularly the carpet and bathroom. One of the faucet knobs on the sink was put on backward, and the shower stall was probably as clean as the staff could make it given its condition, but it was still very dingy. The beds were large but there was almost no room to walk between the beds and the desk to get to the bathroom. In short, it was adequate for one night but was not as nice as the other motels we stayed at.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The bed was bad and my husband and I rolled to the middle of the bed all night. The room was clean and we did get a voucher for a 2 for 1 breakfast buffet at a downtown restaurant that was good. The smoke alarm was not hooked up but we didn't find it until the next morning.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel would cost less than half in PA. The Wi-Fi was very very slow there was a very loud refrigerator in the room..... and the toilet ran all night in the room I stayed in.... I asked for splenda...and when I looked the housekeeper simply brought more sugar... would not recommend based on my experience for the price they charged.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here during a family vacation with another family. We rented two rooms and these are the results when we compared notes. We both agreed we would've paid the extra $50-100/night to stay somewhere else.

To start, the mattresses felt like old college couches. They are sprung and worn out. Although there are 2 Queen beds with room to sleep four, they only provide 2 towels. Neither remote controls worked..for the TV or the cable box. You had to get up to change channels and the volume could not be controlled. There is no way to cool the room except to leave the window open..and listening to the trucks downshift on the highway while entering Seward didn't allow for a good nights sleep on either night.

The bathroom has an unusually short tub with water damage on the drywall. Of the 4 morning showers taken, 2 were with cold water. Rust soap dishes (photos attached) rounded out the ambiance of the bathroom. No hair dryers in the bathroom either.

This is not a bad review on the staff..just on the hotel itself. It seems the owner is either resigned to the fact that it will be torn down and is just refusing to invest any money in the basics, like pillows, bedding, mattresses and remote control batteries, or doesn't mind being the local Roach motel.

We all know that typically not much time is spent on our rooms on vacation, but you also shouldn't feel like you don't want to spend any time in the room at all!

Spend the money on a some place, any place, else...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank chrisfliesalot
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We just got back from a fishing trip and thought we would have to drive to Anchorage to get a room for the night . I wife was telling me to call the Marina Motel while I was on trip advisor and Trip advisor was showing the Marina Motel was available so I called sure enough they very pet friendly and had a room available . The Motel is a older Motel but nice . The staff was excellent . Hooked us up with a room so all was good .

1  Thank rond137