Finally had a chance to stay at this remote "glamping" lodge in Resurrection Bay. The hosts, Dennis and Susan, are attentive, kind and enthusiastic - they clearly want each guest to experience this magical place their way - whether that's enjoying the cozy, private yurt deck at your cabin, to the "south decks" overlooking the bay, to kayaking, fishing, stand up paddleboarding, etc. They take a few minutes to show you all there is to know, and from then on - you make the weekend what you want it to be. We loved the flexibility to be on our own schedule, and took advantage of most all that is offered. We even had fresh rockfish, caught via kayak by my husband, for dinner one evening. You do bring your own food, but each yurt is magically appointed with a small kitchen including range/oven, running water and basic cooking necessities - and a 3/4 bath with on-demand hot water and a unique, environmentally sensitive composting toilet that was both perfect for the location and fascinating from an "engineering" perspective. They've built these 7 yurts carefully into the landscape, with a series of boardwalks connecting the mainland cabins to Orca Island over a footbridge. Peaceful, serene, relaxing, romantic. A perfect place to celebrate a special time, or a perfect part of a longer Alaska itinerary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique place to stay when visiting Seward Alaska, our nightly rental cabins are comfortable accommodations in a remote setting. Our rates include a 30 minute scenic cruise to the property from Seward as well as all the equipment use including kayaks, stand up paddle boards, rowing skiffs, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Orca Island Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orca Island Cabins Hotel Seward
- Orca Island Cabins Seward, Alaska