All reviews kenai lake paddle boats fire pit moose pass lake view rv park life jackets skipping stones cooper landing cooking utensils free kayaks great place to get away piece of heaven hiking trails upstairs loft beautiful place to stay internet access
Reviewed 30 September 2017

What more can you ask for? We had a lakeside cabin with a very nice view. A nicely set table greeted us. It contained a fully equipped kitchen and all the amenities you need. Private parking alongside your cabin. Laundry facilities onsite. A covered porch with a table and chairs to relax in. The cabins are set in a wooded area and nicely spaced to give you privacy. Dave, the owner, is very pleasant and a good source of information on how to get the best from your stay there. Refro's is exceptional value for the money by any standard

Room tip: Spend the little extra for a lakeside cabin
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gary G, Owner at Renfro's Lakeside Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you so much for the review of The Retreat! I appreciate you noticing the details - not only in the cabins but also on the property. The fully equipped kitchen, private parking, laundry facilities, covered porches, nicely spaced and an exceptional value are all great attributes of The Retreat. Somehow you have changed my name to Dave; that is o.k. as I want you to remember your experience and keep your treasured memories much more than remembering my name. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

A great welcome and a wonderfully quiet spot not far from Seward. We loved the dump stations in the middle of the flowerbeds! If the weather had been better we would have used the kayaks - so we'll have to come back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

That is a great reason for coming back - didn't get to enjoy all of the amenities because of the weather! I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite the weather and I do not think I have had anyone mention the dump stations and flowerbeds before, but it makes it much more pleasant! Thank you for noticing! I hope you come again and we will need to order some nice weather for your visit!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This place may be more known for its cabin rentals, but they also have a small RV park which holds about 10 RVs near the front of the property. The cabins are closer to the lake, which is a short walk from the RV section. Very nice staff and probably one of the best RV camps we visited in the two weeks we were in Alaska.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank IslandJackCharlotte

I will take that complement - one of the best RV camps we visited in the two weeks we were in Alaska! I am pleased you were able to say that about The Retreat and you had a pleasant experience here. If you are ever in this area again, you know how to find us. Thank you for spreading the word about our facilities!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

One of our favorite places to stay. The cabin was inviting, clean and meticulous. We were able to use the free kayaks and loved that we could sit out on our porch and look out on the lake. Beautiful place to stay which I would recommend to anyone. As this was a work/vac trip I wish there would have been internet access. This would have allowed us to book our excursions online and for me to complete some work. But I also appreciate disconnecting!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnydasz

As an owner that is one of the best complements I can have as we strive for a very clean environment here. Of course it is just one aspect of what makes us stand out above our competition. I am glad you would recommend us to anyone and please feel free to do so. Internet is only available in the common areas such as the r.v. park and lodge. One day when we get decent cell phone coverage we will also get WiFi into the cabins. I am glad you disconnected and found some time to relax! Thanks again for your review and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This place is gorgeous! Cabins are nice, sit right along a beautiful lake, free kayaks to use. Conveniently located. Its been over a year since we have been there, and I still miss it!!!!! The only down side was the spiral staircase to the upstairs bedroom is very steep, would be difficult for some people to climb.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kimberlyyoung1

Thank you for the accolades! I am glad you miss it - that means you will hopefully be back. I am sorry about the spiral staircase, but yes based on the setup it may be difficult for some individuals. It is always best to read the description and look at pictures when choosing your lodging. Thank you for reminding us of that! I hope to see you again and thank you for your review!