“Awesome!”

Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to the Railway Cantina in beautiful Seward, Alaska! A local favorite, we offer the best burritos, quesadillas, and tacos you'll have on the Kenai Penninsula. Our ingredients are fresh, and include housemade salsas, local halibut, reindeer, steak, chicken, shrimp, crab, salmon, falafel, and tofu. Along with your meal, enjoy a selection of Alaskan brewed beer or a glass of wine. We're located in the small boat harbor, across the street from the Seward Yatch Club. Looking forward to your visit!
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because it was close to our hotel and had take out after a long cold day of fishing. I have no idea why this isn’t the highest rated restaurant in Seward! Best homemade salsa we’ve ever had, very authentic. Halibut tacos were very tasty and fresh. Smoked salmon quesadilla was very satisfying. Very fast service, friendly.

TacoDan, Owner at Railway Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for the 5-star review! We are thrilled that you loved our food and service.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Desperate for some spice I picked up a falafel burrito here with habanero sauce and purchased the 3 salsas with chips and guacamole too. It was just ok...disappointed that the spicy sauces weren’t spicy at all despite their warning!

Thank you for the good review! We always make sure we warn people about the spiciness of our food, because not all of our customers are used to it. We are always ready to make it spicier for anyone who loves that! Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I would like to give them 4 1/2 stars but that's not an option. We stopped here on our bus trip with our tour group. Circumstances warranted a change to our schedule. We had 16 people total and after our expedition guide talked to them, they were able to accommodate us right away. A to-go order for 16 people is no small task. They are a small restaurant and not one I might wander into, but the service was pretty quick. They had a couple mistakes with the orders but they righted them immediately. My husband and I had the chicken quesadillas. It would have been nice to have sour cream with it but I was too tired to check. I'm sure I could have gotten it had I asked. I would have liked a more flavorful salsa but I think some things are different in Alaska. I would recommend them.

We are happy we managed to serve you quick and with good food. Thank you for the positive review!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Being from AZ, I have had my share of excellent Mexican food, so I am always a little reluctant to try Mexican food in an area not really known for it BUT Railway was very tasty. The burritos and quesadillas are good sized and the filled with plenty of ingredients and there are quite a few ingredient choices to choose from - from Rockfish to Blackened Halibut to garlic Chicken with rice and beans. Again, all very tasty and filling.

Thank you for the positive feedback! We are delighted that we met your expectations when it comes to Mexican food!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Enjoyed the blackened halibut burrito. Was good value for the money. The manager efficiently helped us order and split the tab. She was upbeat, friendly and professional.

railwaycantina, General Manager at Railway Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

We are more than happy that you appreciated our food and service! We make sure we serve great food for an affordable price! Thank you for the 5-star review!

Been to Railway Cantina? Share your experiences!