7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$323
Expedia.comUS$323
eDreamsUS$320
CourtyardUS$323
PricelineUS$320
FindHotelUS$320
3,645 results
All reviews abc store west tower small beach the big island partial ocean view within walking distance island breeze shops and restaurants pool bar breakfast buffet ocean front oceanfront room late check per day self parking fitness center rental car
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 December 2020

We just got back from a 5 night stay at King Kamehameha. Previous reviews had written that rooms were run down and that point stays were treated differently. This could not be farther from the truth. The room was updated, clean and the hotel was following all COVID safety precautions. The staff were amazing especially the front desk and housekeeping. I can't remember the two women's names at the front desk but they were helpful and really made you feel welcomed. The location is fantastic and you can walk to probably 50 restaurants and they have a small beach right outside. If you go to Kona stay at the King Kam!

Room tip: West tower on the 6th floor had a great view and was quiet.
1  Thank tpeterson97
Reviewed 16 December 2020 via mobile

Hotel was clean, beach quiet with decent snorkeling in direct area. Cabana’s were open, not secured by others at 6am, thankfully! Staff nice and quick to respond. Rooms do not have coffee makers, FYI.

1  Thank Moetwin2
Reviewed 8 December 2020 via mobile

I am traveling for business (I work for an airline and we just started Air Cargo service out of Kona Airport). Hotel is in a great part of town with many restaurants and shops walking distance away. I walked about a mile down the street to Hugo’s on the Rocks for happy hour from 3-5 and live music daily after 5. I passed about 10 restaurants on the way that were open for business.

Pool is open until 10 pm, and even though the hotel restaurant and bar are closed, the ABC store on site has lots of options for beer, wine and cocktails.

A full service grocery store was only a 4 block walk away to grab some beers the first night as I arrived after the ABC store was closed.

Booked a King with a couch for the first night on points and then a separate reservation for a two bed queen room because it was $30 less a night. Hotel already had my reservations merged without me calling to ask and had me in the King room with ocean view the entire time as a platinum member.

Great location and plenty of places for food and drinks if you’re are busy all day at work!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank SWATraveler99
Reviewed 17 November 2020

First day back open after 7 months! I can't tell you enough how much you need to come stay here!!!! The manager Matt greeted us and chatted while we waited to check in, less than 5 minute wait. He was so happy to welcome us in! Pia checked us in. And, later we worked with Elizabeth, too! They were both knowledgeable, friendly, full of smiles and professional. As soon as we arrived in our room she texted me to ask how things were age did we need anything. We did have to get our own bags to the room, but they provided luggage carts. The self parking is really close to room tower entrance. The hotel has been completely renovated and is fresh, contemporary, yet still authentic Hawaiian ambiance, too! Our room, 2 queen Ocean front did not disappoint! It is gorgeous!!! The ocean mural behind the bed is super cool! The View is just what was promised! Went to the beach, right behind the hotel, and the infinity pool and jacuzzi after! Great first day here!!!

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank carad765
Reviewed 8 July 2020 via mobile

This location is excellent as you can walk to so many sites and restaurants. Overall I'd probably stay here again (but with lowered expectations) due to location and clean (but tired looking) rooms.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. So friendly that at first I couldn't trust them. Having traveled in Mexico and other continents where they're all about trying to get your money it was difficult to accept they were genuine. But they really do care and try to help. Can't say enough good things about the staff and locals. The ABC store was very convenient to have on site. It's like a 7-11 and mini grocery store. Prices NOT inflated for its hotel location. Most of the hotel was mould free and not musty, which is unusual for an ocean front hotel (I'm allergic and sensitive to this) so high five on the cleaning!
The hotel itself is pretty shabby. For instance large areas of carpet after passing the lobby had wrinkles in it. The rooms are just as tired. The main floor is built like a mall with many small places for stores, but abandoned and empty. The cost for a room is pretty much on par with the area if you booked wisely, but since it looks so tired you feel you've over paid. Having to pay a daily resort fee for essentially nothing and being required to pay for parking add to this. (I literally rented a convertible mustang through Costco for a lower daily rate than the daily parking fee. ) Restaurant had tasty food but costly. Better to walk to other locations. Lagoon area is tiny and the pictures, especially aerial pictures, exaggerate the hotel grounds size.

Date of stay: February 2020