“Lots of food and great value”
Review of 808 Grindz Cafe

808 Grindz Cafe
Ranked #15 of 307 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Super friendly staff, and chill atmosphere. They encourage everyone who visits to write on their walls.

It's a small restaurant that can fit about 20 or so people, and we were glad that we got in with only 5 minutes waiting time.

Lot's of varieties to choose from including pancakes, fried rice, waffles, corned beef hash, etc. They have $8.08 specials which has a lot of food for only 8 bucks. I got the Grindz Moco with white rice. They accidentally gave me the fried rice instead and were apologetic about the mistake, so they gave me the free upgrade.

And since their specialty was the fried rice, my moco was pretty darn good with the fried rice.

Their credit card machine was "broken" so it was CASH ONLY on our visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Looked for something good for breakfast. Had a wonderful omelet and French Toast. Service was great. This would be a place that we would have come every morning, had we not found it on our last day on the island.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This place is extremely popular, especially with locals. Expect to wait but come hungry because the food is plentiful and outstanding. Please note that this is a cash-only establishment.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had read all the reviews on Tripadvisor, and the restaurant truly lived up to the hype! The coconut pancakes and with Macadamia nut syrup/glaze was absolutely delicious—not just good—DELICIOUS!! The pancake were so light, with just the right amount of coconut to remind you are truly in paradise. The Mac sauce is a unique and a fabulous ending to the cakes—was truly like eating dessert for breakfast!! My husband had the seafood omelet which was loaded with yummy seafood and served with a tasty seafood gravy. Both items were worthy of a second visit...the problem is, I want to try EVERYTHING on the menu! It is that good—give it a try-won’t be disappointed!
They do only take cash-so come prepared. The service was OUTSTANDING!! Great food, great prices, great service—ideal!!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The breakfast here was so good. It is a small place so the first day we waited a while. The second time we ordered take out which was ready in 10 minutes. The Mac-nilla sauce for the pancakes is ridiculous. We tried a variety while we were here and everything we ate was good portions, good price and so delicious!

1  Thank sfryeATC