“Great Service, Clam Chowder, and View”
Review of Kona Canoe Club

Kona Canoe Club
Ranked #50 of 304 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2015

If you are looking for a spot to have some good eats and be on the waterfront, look no further. The Canoe Club will meet your needs. My wife and I go during happy hour where drinks are reasonably priced and the pu pus are as well. Although the clam chowder isn't on the happy hour menu it is one of the best bowls I have ever eaten. It is full of clams in a savory, yet not overly creamy broth. My wife had a roast beef sandwich that was just OK. The second time we went she had a burger which was juicy and flavorful. The server was prompt and friendly. We went during the weekday and sat ocean front both times. Too bad they don't serve chicken wings. From the restaurant you get a view of Kauila Bay with the waves crashing against the waterfront. We will go again for sure.

Reviewed 1 July 2015 via mobile

This is our favorite little place to enjoy gorgeous views of the ocean and enjoy some really good food. They make a very good Mai Tai and happy hour has lots of pupus (appetizers) at value prices. We always pick several.
Lunch and dinner are also great featuring fresh caught fish that changes daily. We bring friends here on the way back to the airport and suggest the Kalua Pig sandwich. Always a winner!

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Hit up Kona Canoe Club on a friend's rec and was so glad we did. The sunset view was awesome, service was outstanding and wine less was solid.

Try this spot for the Lamb, or unique desserts (we had corn ice cream with sea salt).

Reviewed 27 June 2015

First of all I live in Kona and do try and support the local restaurants. After hearing some people rave about the food, I decided to visit. .Ambiance was great and service was good, however, my entree (fish and chips) was over cooked and very dry. When I complained to the waitress, she just said "i'm sorry, that's too bad". Not like can I get you something else or even compensate with a desert or a few dollars off. With tip the entree was over $24.00!

Will not go back!

Reviewed 22 June 2015

While walking by and being hot, hungry and tired, we saw that they had Happy Hour going on at the time. We went in and grabbed an outdoor seat with a nice view of the water. The service was good and the choices were decent for Happy Hour. We ordered a couple of Margaritas and each ordered some tacos. All were very good and affordable. Our visit gave us an opportunity to take an enjoyable break on our last busy day in Kona.