Lowest prices for your stay
HIExpress.com
SAVE US$43
travelup.com
Hotels.comUS$300
Trip.comUS$326
All reviews yogurt free breakfast front desk hi express hot items guest laundry breakfast room microwave and fridge small gym hot breakfast large bathroom clean hotel shops and restaurants ali'i drive parking pass exercise room would stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2021

The rooms are fairly small for a suite I expected something a bit larger. However, it worked fine for a single night. The people are very friendly and helpful, and even let us check in early. Breakfast is all grab and go (yogurt, bagels, cereal, fruit and juices). I would give it 5 stars if the room was larger.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 31 March 2021

Location is a walk from most activities and restaurants and waterfront. Big rooms with some ocean views. Make sure u turn on Sarona road when coming from the north on Kuakini hwy, the entrance is right off that turn... google maps misses that turn.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

First don’t trust Google maps when driving here. It will make you miss the turn into the alley from which you enter parking lot. Parking fee is $10. The location of the hotel is convenient to the main business area and to farmers market, although at this time lots of business are either permanently or temporarily closed. The rooms are in good shape, amenities are decent, fridge is in the room and you either face the pool, or the parking lot. I only took a star away due to the attitude of some of the staff. While at many places on the islands the personnel has been extra nice to guests who chose to come here during COVID, not so in my experience at this hotel. Staff I interacted with during the breakfast (only cold grab bags) on both mornings I was there was clearly annoyed at having to pack food for you, get utensils, and lord forbid extra napkins. Hopefully they are minority of the guests facing staff.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2021

This hotel is located along main roads. Immediately, we noticed that parking lot is limited. Parking spaces are small mostly for compact cars.

Room was good but house keeping is only for five days but will provide some cleaning as needed. We asked the room to be cleaned twice but found that nothing was done.

Due to pandemic, the hotel only provided limited packaged food. Guests make own coffees in the room.

Date of stay: March 2021
5  Thank enctravel2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2021

Hello enctravel2020,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

While I am delighted seeing your excellent rating in our room’s cleanliness, I understand your displeasure with the unfulfilled turndown service requested. I am also genuinely sorry to hear about the limited parking and breakfast choices. Exceptional and elevated interactions are our commitment to our guests. That said, I will immediately share your feedback with our hotel’s upper management for review and improvements in our amenities and services.

Thanks again for making IHG Hotels & Resorts your home away from home. It will be our pleasure having you back as our guests’.

Best,

Kenneth F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 January 2021

Extremely bad stay. The rooms were not clean at all. We both have got lots of bed bug bites while staying . The front desk staff was not helpful even the hotel did not have complimentary tea/coffee in breakfast. We could see bee bugs also in our beds. Even water is not available and that also they charge No one is cleaning the rooms . Our trash bags were full for 2 days and we had no place to keep the trash. this is one of the worst hotels I have stayed Least I expected this sort of experience staying at a Holiday Inn

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank Abhiroop G
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Hello Abhiroop G,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

What you described is certainly not the pleasant lodging experience I want for our guests. I am sorry to learn that the room cleanliness and level of service received fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust their capacity to look into this and avoid similar issues from happening again. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,