3 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$65
Expedia.comUS$275
FindHotelUS$266
Lol.travelUS$300
All reviews yogurt free breakfast front desk hi express hot items guest laundry breakfast room microwave and fridge small gym hot breakfast large bathroom clean hotel shops and restaurants ali'i drive parking pass exercise room would stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2021

This hotel is located along main roads. Immediately, we noticed that parking lot is limited. Parking spaces are small mostly for compact cars.

Room was good but house keeping is only for five days but will provide some cleaning as needed. We asked the room to be cleaned twice but found that nothing was done.

Due to pandemic, the hotel only provided limited packaged food. Guests make own coffees in the room.

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank enctravel2020
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2021

Hello enctravel2020,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us among your many lodging options. We also appreciate your candid remarks.

While I am delighted seeing your excellent rating in our room’s cleanliness, I understand your displeasure with the unfulfilled turndown service requested. I am also genuinely sorry to hear about the limited parking and breakfast choices. Exceptional and elevated interactions are our commitment to our guests. That said, I will immediately share your feedback with our hotel’s upper management for review and improvements in our amenities and services.

Thanks again for making IHG Hotels & Resorts your home away from home. It will be our pleasure having you back as our guests’.

Best,

Kenneth F.

Reviewed 22 January 2021

Extremely bad stay. The rooms were not clean at all. We both have got lots of bed bug bites while staying . The front desk staff was not helpful even the hotel did not have complimentary tea/coffee in breakfast. We could see bee bugs also in our beds. Even water is not available and that also they charge No one is cleaning the rooms . Our trash bags were full for 2 days and we had no place to keep the trash. this is one of the worst hotels I have stayed Least I expected this sort of experience staying at a Holiday Inn

Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank Abhiroop G
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Hello Abhiroop G,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

What you described is certainly not the pleasant lodging experience I want for our guests. I am sorry to learn that the room cleanliness and level of service received fell below expectations. I have alerted the hotel management regarding your comments, and I trust their capacity to look into this and avoid similar issues from happening again. I have also sent you a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you give our hotel another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.

Reviewed 14 November 2020

Close to restaurants and few minutes walk to park and beach. Due to COVID the reception area has no chairs. At check in Diann was quick and efficient and courteous. Free take away simple breakfast in brown bag with small yogurt, cereal, milk, one banana , oatmeal, bagel and one cream cheese & no eggs.
We had a deluxe room with desk, sofa and king bed and large flat panel tv. The room and bathroom were very clean.
The best part of our stay coffee in our room with coffee pods

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank mikebakkar
Reviewed 23 October 2020

Was here a couple of times recently. Comfortable rest. Gym was open, but one had to 'register' with the front desk. Basic facility. Located in the town area, close to restauarants...and a block from the water.

Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jon C
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kailua-Kona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2020

Hi Jon C,

Thank you for taking the time of the day to share your stay experience.

We take pride in offering great hospitality and relaxing accommodations to all of our guests. It is rewarding to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the fitness center during your stay. Although, I noticed that you found the cleanliness standards and rooms at its average best only. I shared your comments with the upper management to check on some areas that may need attention. We will use your valuable review as a tool to ensure we’re providing the best experience possible.

Again, it is refreshing to read that we positively affected your stay. As our valued returning guest, we would cherish another moment to host your next stopover.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 31 July 2020 via mobile

Due to the pandemic many hotels in Kona were closed, and I just stumbled on this one. It was about 50% less than I had expected to pay, and the location was perfect. The room was large and very quiet. Comfortable bed and bedding. I appreciated the Keurig coffee maker. Since I stayed at another Holiday Inn recently I came prepared with extra coffee pods for the machine. The Front Desk ladies were all polite and helpful, and the rest of the staff always said hello. The pool is for kids, so don't plan to swim laps. The breakfast doesn't interest me since those kind of buffets tend to bring out the worst in people who think that Free Food is an invitation to get greedy. So I can't say what this hotel had to offer. I went out for breakfast.
The location is awesome. One block off Alii and all the dining and shopping.
My only disappointment was that the check in lady handed me a memo to inform me that housekeeping was only available every 5 days unless specially requested. For me, one of the pleasant things about a hotel vacation is coming back to a clean room each evening. I was unhappy about this, but I survived. I guess they had some staffing issues along with a busy hotel.
All in all it was a good week, and I will return. The price was right, and I enjoyed my stay. A few glitches didn't change that.

Date of stay: July 2020