“delicious Island latte”

Ranked #5 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Overlooking Kailua Pier in the heart of historical Kailua, Menehune Coffee is known as the premier coffee shop for 100% Kona Coffee espresso drinks and retail coffee beans. The menehunes are also busy making fresh wraps,hot off the grill paninis and real fruit smoothies. Come and enjoy!
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stopped on our drive from Kona to Hilo. Delicious iced latte! Barista was very friendly giving us some local history.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We had to be at the airport for a 6:00 am tour departure. Menehune opened at 5:00, so we were able to grab an early breakfast and get some fresh Kona coffee in our system for an early start on our day. The breakfast bagels and croissants made for a tasty but quick breakfast.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Great service, coffee and food. I am glad I got introduced to this little gem, located at one of my favorite places on this planet. Alii dr Kailua/kona, Hawaii !!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Had a latte double shot and my wife had a frappe The late was the best I have had in the US. Easy to find if you have travelled on The Pride of America, as you leave the doc in Kona walk straight ahead at the boom gate. Found the staff very helpful

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Recently returned from Hawaii and visit to Kona. My husband and I stayed on the Big Island for 10 days. This Menehuene coffee shop was located in our hotel The King Kamehameha. The space is neat and clean; the service friendly and courteous. My husband and I could sit at a table eating their delicious Mauka Bites and having a great cup of coffee or just sit and watch the beach activity from a table inside or get our snack and beverage to go and take a stroll.

Menehuene also has a larger shop and restaurant on Mamaloha Hwy in Captain Cook; the locals go to and I can see why. The food was amazing. We ate at several “fancy” establishments during our stay but only one restaurant kept us going back for breakfast; lunch and their dinner specials on Friday night.

Their Chef Dawn is a warm and lovely lady. She blushed as we praised our meal when she came out of the kitchen to see if it was to our liking. We learned she does all the baking for both Menehuene coffee shops as well. The locals got this one right; if you want a relaxed; away from all the other tourists truly local experience, this is the place to go!

Date of visit: May 2018