“Nice sunset dinner”

Kona Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 307 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Good food, nice portion size, great ocean front venue. Our server Rachel was fabulous. She made our visit special. Great fish and chips great Mac nut icecream. Would recommend this as a must visit stop.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 26 April 2018

So, we were on a quest to find a great MaiTai. Landed here in early afternoon - good MaiTai and too early for lunch. The style of the restaurant is really nice with old style ‘casablanca’ ceiling fans.
Lot of fun. Good menu for a return visit. Thanks to Kathryn for making our visit really special.

Look the Restuarant chain up on windAndSea - there altogether 4 of them with different names. Probably all would be worth a trip.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

The place was good the service was very friendly and excellent, typical of a local restaurant. We really enjoyed the view of the ocean and the people as well. No negatives here

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Good food, friendly staff and good ocean front location. You don't need reservations for the area below the bar which I think is the best area in the restaurant. I thought the menu would be fancier instead it's very casual.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

The calamari sandwich is why I go here. I would fly to Kona just to have it. The first time of the trip it was excellent, second time not so much. The appetizer came after we started our dinner (sent it back). I ordered a beer to go with dinner and it never came, but I was charged for it??? They had to re-do the bill twice. I was pretty disappointed. This is not normal for the Kona Inn.