“Love this local hot spot! Best food in Kona!”
Review of Big Island Grill

Big Island Grill
Ranked #27 of 311 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Traveling with a party of 5, we have eaten here already three times. Bkfst and supper menu. All of us loved each meal we have chosen. Great traditional meals with spot on flavors like loco moco, excellent seafood dishes, pork , chicken. Pancakes, bacon and omeletes. Its a quiet spot to unwind. Off the hustle of all the overpriced downtown Kona restaurants. Atmosphere was perfect for holding conversation and sharing our day rather than shouting over music and other guests.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,336)

Reviewed 5 October 2018

When we arrived, the manager showed us to the table and brought waters. He introduced our server, Shanda, who was a personable, attentive and polite person. She made sure our water glasses and other beverages were refilled promptly. I had the mixed plate with Teriyaki Chicken and Pork with Cabbage. The flavors were incredibly good! I'd come here again and recommend anyone else also go here.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My husband & I come to Kona frequently & always have several meals at BIG. There is an outstanding selection of meals with reasonable prices. I like their roast pork dish. It comes with gravy & 2 sides. They also include fresh sautéed vegetables that are delicious. There is enough pork for 2 dinners so I always take it home. I have a condo here so heating it up is easy. My hubby loves the pork & cabbage but never manages to bring any home.

Make sure you check their hours before going there so you don’t find the place closed. I know they close very early on Sunday.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Hubby and I were seated immediately. Quick service in bringing us our ice tea and taking order. Both ordered the kulua pork with cabbage, rice and pineapple cole slaw. Portion size of pork and cabbage was large and tasty. With rice and cole slaw, meal was very filling. No room for dessert. Would recommend. Restaurant, including restroom, was very clean.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We stopped in to this place after literally driving around the entire island for the day. It was a great stop for a late night dinner after a long day exploring all that the Big Island had to offer. My wife enjoyed the fish & chips while I had the loco moco and the portions were just enormous! The food was great. This is a very unassuming place, with great local food and a friendly staff!