“Delicious Seafood as recommended ”

Quinn's Almost By The Sea
Ranked #25 of 299 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Staying at the King Kemehameha, we walked to several waterfront restaurants, then discovered Quinn's right across the street after a recommendation. "Almost by the sea" as they are titled, but wonderful fish and chips! Delicious beer battered Mahi and Ono were what we had, along with their very tasty onion rings (and I'm picky about those ). We will definitely return and want to try their calamari bites which looked amazing! We left very full and very satisfied. Thankfully we were on "Hawaii time" as the waitress was working many tables, so extremely busy (but very kind).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Mango margarita excellent. Food fresh and well prepared. Good portion. Friendly staff. Outdoor dining very nice patio.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I have eaten at Quinn's on several occasions and have never been disappointed. I do live here in Kailua Kona and have been to most of the restaurants at one time or another. This one is my favorite for consistently great food. My personal favorite is the calamari and chips. Most everyone will tell you that Quinn's has the best fish and chips in town and I cannot argue with that either. The service has always been excellent and the staff and owners are warm and friendly.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We went here a few nights ago. I had the fish tacos and they were totally amazing. Beautifully grilled strips of fish, with lettuce and guacamole and a wonderful salsa. The pineapple slaw was also excellent. Tonight I had the fish n chips. The Ono was fresh
and plentiful. But I found the batter lacking in flavor although it was light and perfectly cooked. Both meals were plentiful and reasonably priced. The service both times was fine.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

The food was good, a small place off the street. We had the Ono fish and chips and the Ahi with wasabi sauce. Ono is very dense - almost like chicken. It was VERY filling. You might want to share. The service was decent. No complaints. I could smell garbage but I have a sensitive nose...