“Very Good Restaurant”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I stopped here while on vacation in Kona and I enjoyed what this restaurant had to offer. I ordered the cheese fries, a salad and just a lobster tail by itself. Everything was very good. The service was friendly and the area was clean. Outback is located amongst many other local eateries, so give everything a try if you can, especially this place. It's worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I have been visiting with old friends and asked them out to dinner. They selected Outback. So off we went. We sat on the outside deck to watch our bit of ocean. Our waiter appeared to be new, and had several little oops with our order. That being said the food was very good overall. My steak was a bit over-seasoned, but not being a regular at outback, that may be the standard. It was very juicy and done to a 'T'. My friends had the steak and lobster which they said was very good. It was an enjoyable evening. Prices are Hawaii standard....

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I really am growing weary of settling for mediocre and that's exactly what I got at Outback. I stopped in for a quick lunch and to watch some golf on TV. The calamari appetizer was pretty good, although a touch over-breaded. They only serve the marinara sauce for dipping and was told they didn't have any tartar sauce so they gave me whatever it is they serve with the revolting, greasy Bloomin Onion. Okay, I can live with that. Next up, the chopped salad with pecans and blue cheese. When it arrived, the salad had no pecans because they were out. What? That's just ridiculous! Who's in charge of pecans? There's a super market that sells pecans less than a half mile away. So, here's the kicker; I had a baked potato and a small sirloin rare, most of which I had to spit out because it was too tough to eat. Even the skin on the potato was hard to cut. Damn! Don't I have the right to expect a steakhouse to serve me a steak I can chew? This is what I mean about settling for less than I deserve. Most of us are paying hard earned money for our food. We have the right for that food to meet our expectations. Outback didn't "cut" it in the good food category. Nope, not even close!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Yea this is a national chain but at this location you can sit outside and see the ocean. The lunch special of all you can eat soup and salad is a great deal compared to the cost of lunch anywhere near there. The place is clean, the food is good, the service was solid and price was reasonable what else do you want

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Had a great time with family at outback. Calamari & blue cheese salad wedge is awesome. Very filling and satisfying. Great atmosphere & friendly servers