10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$344
Expedia.comUS$344
PricelineUS$344
FindHotelUS$344
CheapTicketsUS$344
Trip.comUS$367
3,421 results
All reviews rays on the bay manta ray keauhou bay the big island free trolley game room ocean front breakfast buffet self park poolside bar pool side an ocean view room beautiful grounds rental car lava rock sandy beach nice pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2021

I booked a night here before I flew back home only because of the manta ray night swim tour that is close to the hotel. I left beautiful Marriott Beach Club in Waikoloa to come down to this location and it has been one disappointment after another. I paid the same price I was paying at Waikoloa but I was getting a substandard experience. The hotel is in desperate need of a full overhaul. The public spaces are falling apart, the hallways and rooms smell musty and there is only one elevator for the whole building (all 3 wings). The first room I got smelled heavily of mold and mildew so I requested a different room. The next room I went to I couldn’t even get to because the floors were being painted in the hallways and it was blocked off. The next room they sent me to was facing the ocean (great view) BUT was right next to the pool where tons of kids were screaming and you could hear it from inside the room. There was a large stain on the bed covering. The next room they sent me to the a/c wasn’t working and they had to call maintenance. Even after they fixed the a/c the room still smells of mildew. The whole room needs to be redone. The smell has seeped into the carpet. For $360/night I expected the same hotel I just came from. Not this.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank listwithlauren
Sheraton Team , General Manager at Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Aloha,
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback has been shared with our management team.

Mahalo,

Reviewed 13 March 2021

When you stay at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa, you can book paddleboards for two hours for FREE! Shout out to Sam Coffey, Operations Manager at Keahou Bay Adventures located by the kiddie pool for amazing service with waivers, time set-up and great boards and paddles. Mahalo!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 26 February 2021

We booked a stay at this hotel in Feb 2021, the entire experience was awful, upon arrival there was a security guard at a box at the entry, when I drove up he asked me my business.
I told him I was checking in and he launched into an entire angry statement about tourists and told me I need a wristband which I should have pre ordered in the mail.
Now I just had to go though a covid check before flying and another at the airport and I jut wanted to get into a comfy bed and sleep.
Oh no Sir, if you don't have a wristband you can't come in, go park in the parking lot over there and walk up to the hotel.
So I go into the parking lot, to the right is a lot reserved for valet parking only, and to the left a public parking paid lot, so I go to the right since there is no valet service and Mr. Jpobsworth comes out of his guard shack and tells me that this is for valet parking only and he will tow my rental car if I park here, well its full of cars, the public parking is empty, anyway he makes me go park way at the back of the public parking lot band drag my luggage approx a quarter mile across the lot.
Wehn I get to the entrance of the hotel from the parking lot he is there, it's like a little tunnel thing and he tells me I can't go any further until I show him my covid test, so I open my phone and show him the test I uploaded to the safe travel website and he accused me of stealing someone elses phone and forging entry, so I have to dig out my ID, he wants to see my drivers license, my credit cards and recent photos of me on my phone and a utility bill, who carries an electricity or gas bill with them on vacation?
Anyway he made me take all my luggage back to the car and charged me to get out of the parking lot.
We ended up getting in after many phone calls because we wanted to dine in Rays restaurant, and see the Rays, but it was closed due to Covid, so was pretty much everything else in that hotel, not good, 2 stars for a nice view from the room, staff were rude, unbecoming and heartless, not recommended

5  Thank leichsputtle
Sheraton Team , General Manager at Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2021

Mahalo for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Kona Resort and Spa at Keauhou Bay and for your feedback in regards to your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations and have shared this with the appropriate leadership team.

Reviewed 10 February 2021 via mobile

The building is an architectural landmark in a spectacular location. Layout is lovely with lots of walkways and beautiful grounds and pools. The manta-ray viewing experience is justly famous and one of the highlights of a trip here.
But...The rooms are old and extremely worn. Bathrooms are full of mold spots and dead bugs stuck to the ceiling. Concrete is cracked, paint peeling. Walls and ceilings are stained and the carpets and drapes are dirty and worn.

I can say “rooms” because I saw two of them. My first room was infested with ants and the staff moved me to another one. Ants are to be expected in Hawaii and one or two are no big deal, but I had a column of the marching purposefully out from behind my headboard, across my pillow and up the wall to the ceiling. Staff came right away when I called the front desk about it and sprayed, but they were back the next day. The staff were wonderful, very gracious and efficient and moved me no problem - it’s not their doing but Marriott needs to rethink their maintenance protocols. There’s also a colony of feral cats on the property. They looked healthy enough but it was a little off-putting.
Not the hotel’s fault but the main restaurant was closed due to COVID.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Awaywithwords60
Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

Yes we are moving to the Big island. So we stayed at the Naniloa while preparing our home. It is clean and quiet but very dated. The shower/ tub is a 30 inch step hip( fall risk). The room did not have much space with the king size bed. I do not consider the naniloa as a resort but a serviceable motel

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank M3554MTcarolm