The Kailua area is not my favorite part of the island, but this resort is certainly nicely designed with attractive units. Aside from that, the service is insincere, affected, and mediocre to obnoxious with relentless sales pitches. Not only is it difficult to avoid the repeated requests to join the Wyndham time share, which is referred to as a "welcome package" from the start (which took an hour to politely decline), for every question asked, even asking for the closest beach, the response was "attend our morning orientation". The orientation provided two sentences worth of useful travel information but was otherwise an ongoing sales pitch for other packaged activities provided by Wyndham or their associates at an additional charge.
Otherwise, the hot tub would fail within minutes of use each evening, and after returning to the unit to report the power failure to the front desk, it would be a considerable amount of time before someone showed up to turn the circuit back on. The staff seemed to make little effort to retrieve an item left in one of the units, even after describing exactly where it was located--they exclaimed they simply couldn't find it.
Compared to other resorts we have stayed at the shady, used-car-salesman-style service is enough to deserve a poor rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2 bedroom apartment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Wyndham Kailua Kona
- Kona Hawaiian Village
- Kona Hawaiian Resort
- Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort Hawaii/Kailua-Kona