“Superb Views and Delightful Seafood”

Sam Choy's Kai Lanai
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam Choy's Kai Lanai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 307 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A former Wendy's restaurant completely redone.
Reviewed 19 February 2017

This is an excellent seafood restaurant with a wonderful view. Our rather large group was readily seated with a good ocean view without a reservation. Drinks were very nicely prepared and the menu offers a wide range of dining choices. We discussed the options with our waitress and settled on the Lau Lau Fresh Island Fish entree and were not disappointed. While it's preparation took a little longer, it was worth it. When in Kailua Kona give this place a try.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,023)

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We stopped here for dinner twice and would have come more often if circumstances permitted. We loved their seafood, even better than Fish Hopper. They were very accommodating when I asked for a double portion of veggies rather than a starchy side.

As many others have stated in their reviews, the ocean view is something special as the restaurant is situated on a hilltop (other than overlooking the top of the drugstore). We saw some distant lightning storms our first night (and when it started to rain, we were quickly moved under cover). We didn't have reservations either night but we were seated in reasonably fast order.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Within two weeks we have dined here 3 times....nuff sed?
I personally enjoy their lunch menu over the dinner menu. A trio of fish, teriyaki beef and chicken was really nice only available on the lunch menu.
We ate our 50th anniversary dinner here with family....selected because we like the food, atmosphere and wait staff

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Nice place, relaxed casual atmosphere. The food was great, the service was not bad.. I would like to try it for dinner..

Reviewed 16 February 2017

We came here for lunch we all enjoyed our food. My dad had Portuguese bean soup with grilled cheese, my husband had the teriyaki plate and my mom and I had the noodle mania. All were good and I will say that the noodles were served in a taco shell/taco salad type bowl...very unique and tasty! The food and menu were pretty basic and the service was OK. I loved the open air setting and the view was spectacular! I would have liked to have come and sat at the fire pits around dusk and enjoyed the sunset with a couple of beers. The view is awesome and the reason to come here.