“The Manta Ray night snorkel was almost an other worldly experience!”

Dolphin Journeys - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Journeys offers unique and intimate excursions daily, both shared and exclusive. We take you swimming/snorkeling with dolphins during for our morning tour. Afternoon Snorkel trips. Evening snorkels with the angelic Manta Rays. All meals, snacks, drinks and snorkel gear are provided for you, as well as a swim support crew member who is in the water with you at all times. During the winter season, we take you out on our boat to see the magnificent Humpback whales. In addition, we snorkel around beautiful reefs, and can take you hiking around Volcanoes National Park.
Seward
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Manta Ray night snorkel was almost an other worldly experience!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We went with Capt. Nancy on the Sunset Manta Ray cruise and snorkel. It was almost a surreal experience. The manta's circled and swooped all around us, even rubbing against us at times. The diving lights created a cathedral of light from below and with our torches shining from above, we created a light show on these prehistoric looking animals. They approached with their mouths open while feeding on the plankton bloom generated by the lights. It was like being in a Star Trek episode!

Capt. Nancy, Capt Bob, Pete and Zoe were experienced and competent. If you are nervous about snorkeling at night, don't be. It was an amazing experience.

A wet suit is required and are easily rented. If you tend toward getting cold, a thicker mi suit is recommended.

Visited February 2012

Dallas, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A 38 year dream come true!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

What an amazing experience! I grew up on the beaches in California and had always wanted an upclose and personal experience with the dolphins. Within minutes of being on the water, Captain Nancy had us on a large pod of dolphins. So in we went, and there they were. I had tears in my eyes as I looked through my mask at the most beautiful and amazing creatures in the world. They were as curious about us as we were them and it was trully a magical experience. Thank you Captain Nancy and Crew!!!!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank James S
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The most unforgettable highlight of my trip!!!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

My recent experience with Capt. Nancy and her amazing crew is unforgettable! Remember to bring your camera. I went on a half day dolphin encounter where we not only swam with the dolphins and manta rays, but we saw whales breeching, Then to top it off we saw the most beautiful and totally harmless whale shark!!!! I am not the most experienced swimmer, but I felt very comfortable and safe in the water being led by the crew for this life changing experience. The lunch served on the boat was delicious and nutritious. I will be returning to Dolphin Journeys for another trip with them as soon as I can.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank DMcGee13
Anchorage
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great trip! The high point of our vacation!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Dolphin Journeys really show that they care about the dolphins, the sea life, and the people on their trips. We swam with maybe 100 dolphins! We didn't pursue them, they just were all over the place, having fun swimming. Huge manta rays were also there swimming, eating plankton. They had wet suit tops and lots of beverages for us. The staff were very nice to talk and hang out with. Tons of dolphins followed the boat, jumping all over the place. The captain was taking behavioral data to help researchers. We were very impressed with the care of the staff, and with the whole experience swimming with and respecting the wildlife. We highly recommend this company and trip! Check them out on facebook for photos.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Anne R
Surrey, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Night dive with the Manta Rays”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

When visiting Kona, I suggest putting the night dive/sunset cruise with Capt. Nancy on your bucket list. The dinner on board the boat, the guided swim to watch the Manta's underbelly gliding past you, and the under water lights, awesome! I'm postive that on my night dive, one of the Manta's wings touched my leg. Wow!"

Visited February 2011