“Skimp on the hotel...pay for memories like this!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphin Journeys - Day Tours

Dolphin Journeys - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dolphin Journeys offers unique and intimate excursions daily, both shared and exclusive. We take you swimming/snorkeling with dolphins during for our morning tour. Afternoon Snorkel trips. Evening snorkels with the angelic Manta Rays. All meals, snacks, drinks and snorkel gear are provided for you, as well as a swim support crew member who is in the water with you at all times. During the winter season, we take you out on our boat to see the magnificent Humpback whales. In addition, we snorkel around beautiful reefs, and can take you hiking around Volcanoes National Park.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Skimp on the hotel...pay for memories like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We took a day tour with Nancy and went swimming with two schools of dolphins. She is an excellent, caring guide whose main concern is the welfare of thees magnificent creatures.

I went on a night excursion to snorkel with the manta rays. AMAZING. Seriously, one of the top five experiences of my life. I can't recommend Nancy enough. Can't wait to come back!

Visited October 2010
2 Thank erinpdx77

Avon Lake, Oh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our trip to Kona!!!!! Hands down :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

We had the honor of going on a dolphin encounter on two different days. I knew before-hand that it was going to be an amazing experience but I had no idea it was going to be life changing.... First off Captian Nancy was exceptional and her ability to lead and teach us on our way out was wonderful. She is so full of knowledge and very inspiring.
They found just the right places to take us to have just the experience with the beautiful angel-like dolphins... Words cannot even describe how amazing it was to swim next to them in their home. They welcomed us in and hardly left our sides. If you do happen to get a chance to swim with the dolphins make sure you try Dolphin Journeys first, I am sure you too will tell others how great your time was as well.
One last thing, I don't know exactly what went on those two days with the dolphins, but I know I came out of there a different person... it was as if something inside me was transformed.... I will never be the same, and it is such a great thing. =)

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Amy G
Los Gatos, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Genuine, fun, exciting, educational outing to swim with dolphins and snorkel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Our family of four, myself and my wife (in our mid-40's), our 14-year-old daughter, and our 11-year-old daughter really enjoyed this 4-hour outing on the Dolphin Journeys boat with captain Nancy Sweatt. Nancy and her deck hand (sorry, I forget his name) have a simple but spacious and clean boat. They have high-quality snorkeling equipment. On the trip out to where we were going to look for dolphins, Nancy talked to us a lot about dolphins, their habitats, what we would be doing, and how to use the equipment and be safe. What she told us was interesting, passionate, and educational. We got to the dolphins and had a fabulous experience swimming with them. She then took us out to the high sea to look for a certain type of whale, but we didn't find any. On the way back, she found a beautiful cove where we snorkeled and saw beautiful fish. She was very helpful and caring with one of the tourists who was not comfortable snorkeling and ended up getting comfortable and seeing lots of cool fish! I had heard of Nancy through a co-worker who is in a wheel chair. She took him and his family out on the boat and also showed them a great time. We recommend an outing with Nancy.

Visited July 2011