New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Da Poke Shack
Ranked #2 of 280 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Iowa
“First Time Poke- We Lovee.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Loved the food and the super friendly folks behind the counter. As others have said it is a deli like place with a few outdoor tables, parking can be an issue too. But the fresh fish and flavors of the poke was out of this world. Great rice on the side as well as a big selection of "salads". Would love to have this for lunch today.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu
“Not bad, just not what I expected.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I went to the Poke Shack because of all the highly regarded ratings. But, while the fish was of very good quality and freshness the flavor was average. On the day that I went the fish was chopped up very small making it very hard to eat with chopsticks. I still feel that Foodland Market City or Aina Haina makes the best poke.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
San Clemente, California
“Disappointng”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

With two tables in stuffy parking lot, this take out spot was a bit smelly and dreary, only 5 kinds of poke, ahi sold out by noon. Made fresh ahi poke for us, but it was very basic and had less flavor than grocery store's.

1 Thank Pacific_Pam
Beaverton, Oregon
“Really, it is that good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I read about this place before going on vacation, and wanted to make sure we tried it, but somehow it was almost time to go home and it wasn't fitting in to our meal plans. We had a dinner planned at a sushi restaurant the last night, so I almost decided to skip it, but I decided to stop by while out on a run to a store. I am SO glad I did! I almost never give 5 stars. And this place has zero atmosphere, so it was the food that completely earned it. I had never had poke, so I didn't know what to expect, but OH MY was it good. I ended up getting two different kinds, and almost couldn't stop myself from eating it all before I could take some back to my husband! I swear it literally almost melted in my mouth! If you are hedging on whether or not to try this out, don't! Make sure you make time for it!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Great poke!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Fresh fish and lots of different flavors and side dishes, great place!