“Fabulous Eats”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We ate at Humpy's while in Kona and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious. The atmosphere so laid back and the view of the ocean is fantastic, no matter if you sit at the top or on the bottom level. The garlic shrimp and rice had such flavor, it was both buttery and sweet at the same time. My husband had the Ono fish and chips and he said they were also delicious. We then stopped their for dinner another time and we had the Ono fish tacos, mine was grilled and he had battered. Both were fabulous. We didn't try their beer but I'm sure it's great. We had the brownie sundae for dessert and OMG it was heavenly! If you love chocolate, you must get this decedent dessert.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

We stopped here because it was the only restaurant open around 930pm on a Tuesday night. The service was quick, although not overly friendly, it was good. The food was delicious!

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

This is a nice, relaxed place. We had an early dinner our first night. The view was spectacular and our server not too busy. He was pointing out stuff in the ocean to us, like rays and turtles.

My fish tacos were very large and delicious. Others at the table helped me finish them. My mom's fish in her fish and chips was overcooked. She liked the chips, though.

My brother in law got the pork sub which came in a pizza crust. That looked really good.

I think this would be a great place to come for a casual dinner or happy hour but not a special occasion. And, the view is awesome!

Reviewed 4 July 2016

My slow cooked pork was flavorful and without BBQ sauce which was nice. I expected bar food and got some of the best food I've had in Kona on this trip.

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Good bar and good location by water, but food is not good. Kind of soggy and over cooked. Lacked flavor. Not like the Anchorage Humpy's food (which I love) at all. Over priced for what I got. Service was not good either.