“Always Amazing!”

Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Swim with Wild Dolphins & Manta Rays everyday. Established in 2002 and still going strong; We have been the Winner of the Certificate of Excellence for 7 years now. We are a Big Island of Hawaii adventure for swimming with Dolphins & Manta Rays. Eco friendly, we follow the guidelines established to make our tours safe for the Manta Rays, dolphins and our guests. We are on the GREENLIST FOR MANTA RAY TOURS. ONLY CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT IS REGISTERED FOR SAFETY OF THE MANTA RAYS on the Green List. Morning Dolphin charters take you up the Kailua Kona coast to a pod of wild dolphins, usually 100 plus. Snorkel with them right next to you. Lunch & snacks included. Rated as #1 Night Manta Ray snorkel company by all the review web sites. These are the most exciting activities you'll do here. All gear included. These 2 activities with marine life will be a highlight of your trip. We take children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Always Amazing!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been swimming with Captain Ron Gittens for the last 4 years when I come to the island. He runs a small charter company, Coral Reef Adventures, for snorkeling, whale watching, dolphin swim, and manta ray snorkels. I would recommend him to any one who wants to be part of a small, intimate excursion out on the water. He can accommodate up to six people. He and his crew are well educated, informative and obviously love what they do. They have a great respect and love for all the animals we encounter. They always take care of my needs and my friends and families needs when we are on board and when we are in the water. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to experience part of Hawaii out on the ocean! Worth every penny every time!
- Jennifer, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Jennifer G

Madison, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We had a blast!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My family had a great time. We had one of the better outings because we swam with manta rays, dolphins and had multiple male whales trying to impress a female. May be a little more expensive than other tours but our experience made it well worth it. By the way, do your best not to get a mouth full of sea water. I was doing perfectly fine and as soon as that happened I got sick for a short time. My kids and wife loved everything.

1 Thank Auburnsnapper
Carrollton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once in a life time experience.”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Captain Ron and his team did not disappoint. We went on the dolphin snokel tour and saw more than we expected. We swam with Manta Rays, Dolphins, and then at the end we spotted 3 whales that swam right under the boat and breached several times in front of us. I couldn't believe our luck. I have been on whale watching tours before and never saw this. Captain Ron sits up high on the boat so it makes it easy for him to spot whales. We had a great time and loved that there are only 6 or less people on the boat. The food was good too (sandwiches, fruit, chips, and brownies hit the spot). I am taking my family with me next time and we are sure to visit Captain Ron again. The only thing I can mention is to make sure you take motion sickness medicine before you go. Two folks had issues on the trip.

1 Thank Lesley S
Boulder, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Excellent dolphin adventure”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I went on the dolphin swim with Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures. Our trip had another couple and a solo traveler. The captain of our boat, Andy, was quite adept at finding dolphins, whales, etc. He has an upbeat demeanor and makes the trip very pleasant. Roberta, our other guide, was also very pleasant and accommodating. The trip is wonderful. We saw many dolphins and our hosts worked very hard to keep us comfortable and to ensure that our trip was great. The only drawback to the trip would be that it is quite a bit more expensive than the other boats. However, the attention to detail and the intimate group may well be worth the extra money.

2 Thank carolm123
Mahomet, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a group of 4 adults and a 15 month old that did a 3 hour whale watching tour from Kona. Kit and Roberta were our guides and provided us with a wonderful experience. The small group was a very nice benefit too. It allowed us to have a lot of interaction and made for a personal experience. Their boat, The Office, was comfortable and had a couple neat places to sit on the bow of the ship. Kit and Roberta were both very pleasant and knowledgeable. We enjoyed our trip with them very much and would go with them again.