“Amazingly awesome Manta Rays!”

Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Swim with Wild Dolphins & Manta Rays everyday. Established in 2002 and still going strong; We have been the Winner of the Certificate of Excellence for 10 years now. We are a Big Island of Hawaii adventure for swimming with Dolphins & Manta Rays. Eco friendly, we follow the guidelines established to make our tours safe for the Manta Rays, dolphins and our guests. We are on the GREENLIST FOR MANTA RAY TOURS. ONLY CHOOSE A COMPANY THAT IS REGISTERED FOR SAFETY OF THE MANTA RAYS on the Green List. Morning Dolphin charters take you up the Kailua Kona coast to a pod of wild dolphins, usually 100 plus. Snorkel with them right next to you. Lunch & snacks included. Rated as #1 Night Manta Ray snorkel company by all the review web sites. These are the most exciting activities you'll do here. All gear included. These 2 activities with marine life will be a highlight of your trip. We take children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We went on the nightime snorkeling with the Manta Rays. It was one of the top three snorkeling experiences of my life! We liked the smaller group on our boat, but once you get there it doesn't really matter as there are 15 other boats and lots of divers and snorkelers. That was the only distraction would be the 'bumber-snorkeling.' Actually there is very little swimming, you essentially just hang on and watch. We had over twenty manta come in that evening and did their amazing underwater ballet, coming within inches of your face. They are so gentle and graceful. You won't be disappointed if the Manta arrive. The other distractions of snorkelers, divers, & people screaming all go away as you are mesmerized by the Mantas.
The equipment, wetsuits, and snacks provided were excellent. Their knowledge of the Manta and the island was greatly appreciated. They were very efficient in getting you in and out of the marina and at the Manta site. I would highly recommend this activity!

1  Thank Muskydoc

Reviewed 5 February 2012

My family (4 adults) went on a 7-day intra-island cruise in Hawaii. I always do my best to avoid being herded around like cattle, so I research and book excursions outside of the cruise ship. Knowing that my sister and I wanted to swim with dolphins (not in captivity), I found Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures and booked it after seeing the site, speaking with Captain Ron and seeing the good reviews. We could not have been more pleased with our experience. We got personal service as we were the only 4 people on the boat. We saw the boat from the cruise ship excursion near us and were so happy to see how cumbersome it was for them to have about 30 people on the boat, having to corral everyone in and out. Since we only had 4 people, we could easily get in and out of the water to get to the next great spot to head-off and swim with the dolphins. We must have gone into 5 different spots and saw pods of 200-300 dolphins. From seeing them below our feet sitting on the boat, to swimming right next to them multiple times, this was our favorite experience in Hawaii. Don't get me wrong; seeing the volcanoes and waterfalls, hiking, going to the beaches and luaus were great, but being able to be so close with so many dolphins in their own environment was amazing. Captain Ron and Natalie were so personable and fun. They ordered our sandwiches from a local deli (that were great); Ron's wife cut fruit for us from their own tree, and she even baked us homemade macadamia nut brownies! The experience was so fantastic; Captain Ron obviously knows how to make his clients feel comfortable and excited, knew exactly where to bring us to see and play with the most dolphins, and even got us to see some whales. I can't speak more highly of this experience. Thank you!

7  Thank Chi N
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We spent a morning with Ron and Roberta on the Coral Reef Adventures dolphin swim. Both Ron and Roberta were very accommodating. A few of us were particularly concerned about sea sickness and Ron was very reassuring and worked with us to make us all feel comfortable.
There were 6 adults in our party and a seven month old baby and we were all treated extremely well. Having the boat essentially to ourselves allowed us the flexibility to dictate out trip.
We saw more spinner dolphins than we could count, several bottlenose dolphins, manta rays, and whales. The experience was awesome. The home made brownies were a real treat on the way home. We definitely plan to include this on our next trip to Hawaii.

4  Thank Curichan
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Snorkeling with wild dolphins is something we will never forget. Captain Carl and Tina were excellent hosts and made sure all our needs were met. We found the spinner dolphins right away and had plenty of time to enjoy them. There were hundreds, literally close enough to touch. Such fun, beautiful creatures. The small boat (there were only four people on our outing) allows for lots of personal attention. We also saw manta rays and bottle nose dolphins during the trip. Definitely a worthwhile and memorable tour!

1  Thank erinsy
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband & I went on this charter with our 6 y/o daughter. It was her early birthday gift but I think I was more excited than she was! It was amazing!!! Only having 6 "guests" on the boat allowed Capt Ron the flexibility to follow the dolphins! He was also excellent at watching for and helping anyone with equipment issues or problems. They even had a wetsuit on board that fit my daughter like a glove!

Highly recommend! Don't hesitate! It's worth the price for the experience!

5  Thank JenTryggestad