“Awesome Thai Food”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henry Street
Description: Krua Thai Cuisine is the newest favorite within the Kona community. Popular prices and exciting variety make Krua a must experience on your visit to the Big Island. Over 60 menu selections daily means you can return over and over to find your favorite of all the delectables. Truly Authentic Thai food from the Heart in the heart of Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Awesome Thai Food”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Krua is the place we go when we want reliably great Thai food. My favorite is the yellow curry, closely followed by the massaman curry. The server always asks how spicy I would like to food, which I appreciate as sometimes I want want medium spicy and other times I want something with a little more spice to it.

Today I had the massaman curry with pork. The server was attentive and we received our food promptly. The curry, as usual, was a delight to see, smell and eat. The bill for three lunches and drinks came out to $32--not bad for a nice lunch in Kona.

Can't say I have ever had a bad meal here in the numerous times I have dined here.

1 Thank Brian A

Auburn, Washington, United States
“Best Thai food on the Island!!!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

So to the say the least my husband and I are Thai food foodies. We eat alot of Thia food. In the past 3+ years we have gone to the island we could not get any good Thai food. That is until our last day on the island this year. Krua does it great!! This is really good thai food. I had the Rama the King and it was over the top good. The basil Vegie fresh rolls we to die for. I could truly plan on eating there for my whole next years trip to the Big Island. Krua is the best Thai on the island. No need for a view the food is the real draw. We can't wait for next year so we can eat at Krua.

1 Thank Michelle R
St. George, UT
“The Chef can cook!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

On the minus side they were very busy and the delivery of our meal was slow. On the plus side -- the staff were well aware that they were busy. The kept us supplied with water, drinks, and apology for the wait. They did all they could do and we felt ok about it. We could see the kitchen from our table. The Chef was cookin'! We've been to Thailand many times. The food was authentic, fresh, hot, and delicious! The Chef really puts the Yumm! in the Tom Yum!!

1 Thank BigBillD
Gig Harbor, Washington
“A place you don't want to overlook”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

There are lots of mediocre and/or overpriced places to eat in Kailua-Kona. Many seem to succeed thanks to a good location, view or decor. This place succeeds based on food and attitude. We never would have tried it were it not for tripadvisor reviews. They also run an $8.95 lunch special -- a bargain by local standards. They offer a selection of entrees for their special - nicely presented and very tasty. You do need to like Thai food, but they will prepare your dish at your preferred level of spiciness. Were it not for the TripAdvisor rating, we might have written this off as another "fast food" Thai styled restaurant. This family run establishment is clearly a cut above; very clean and providing friendly and attentive service along with carefully prepared dishes. We returned for a dinner and were treated to a fresh fish special served on a bed of stir fried vegetables with sweet and sour sauce. It came with a side of rice for $11.95. Were we rating the establishment on this meal alone, we probably would have given it an outstanding.

• Visited January 2012
Kailua-Kona, HI, United States
“Excellent Lunch!”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The food here is great. Everything is very fresh and professional presented. The service is very fast and courteous. We had a great lunch and I know I'll be back frequently. If you're looking for a good place for lunch or dinner, give it a try. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2012