“Great Views & Food”

Mi's Waterfront Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi's Waterfront Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 307 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Description: In the heart of Kailua-Kona on the second floor of the Historic Waterfront Row Building sits Mi's Waterfront Bistro. This Chef-owned and operated restaurant takes old world technique and combines it with modern fare to create dishes of uncompromising quality. Mi's makes fresh pastas and breads daily and sources the finest fresh local ingredients.
Reviewed 29 May 2018

I really enjoy this restaurant! Great sunset views. I love bringing a bottle of wine and having either the Fresh Spaghetti alla Bolognese with local beef and a rich chianti tomato sauce / $16 or the Grilled Fresh Catch with risotto du jour and a chopped tomato vinaigrette / $33.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Lasagna and spaghetti to die for but the try the banana flambe'...omg..share it! Amazing. Great staff..great view of bay and roar of waves!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Beautiful view, nice breeze. Our first visit but certainly not the last. Italian specialties and local products. Service was a little slow but it could have been due to a staffing issue. The food was excellent and the restaurant easily accessible,

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We were wandering around Kona and we stumbled on this gem.The restaurants on the main strip are fun but the noise and activity is fine for Mexico's nightlife but it gets a bit old if one is looking for an interesting and calmer dining experience place.
We were treated by a very gregarious waiter that made us feel like we had known each other for years. I could see that the other patrons were feeling the same friendliness with their waiters.
The view is right on the ocean where we watched a turtle and yellow tang fish forage for food. This is a very friendly family place that has excellent food.
We both had the Parmesan chicken sandwich with the best parmesan garlic fries we have ever had.
Now for those that follow my reviews you know we are self professed Mai Tai tasting professionals. Mi's rates in the top 5%. It was an excellent. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

New location in kona on allí drive. The whole reason I'm creating an account was the supreme level of skill out server had. Authur should be requested by you and we will be requesting him as our server any time we go back. For it being our first time there he walked us through the menu with so much knowledge and elegance in the way he spoke about the food. His recommendations were incredible and he helped us pair a superb bottle of wine with our dinner. He was warm and kind as well. As someone who works in the industry I appreciated the fact that everything he said and did was genuine. He makes you forget he is working for a hopefully large tip. Some servers see life through the tip jar and it shows in some way. He made mis feel like we were having dinner at a friends house. Best service I have ever had hands down.

The food was incredible. The wontons were so yummy we ordered a second plate. The beer salad dressing is something I will try to replicate at home. The rosemary lemonade has a house infused vodka and was gulapable. The wine authur helped us choose was so well paired with our meals. I had the mushroom rigatoni and my boyfriend had the papadelle beef. Could not have asked for a better meal. You could taste how homemade and from scratch everything was. The chef there is certainly doing something right.