1,264 results
All reviews lopud island sunj beach sea resort imperial suite half board private transfer master room spa access infinity pool golf buggy beach bar pancake machine small island lovely island pizza restaurant local ferry private beach
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at the Lafodia hotel in July 2016.

The room was a good size, had most amenities/equipment you would expect including wifi, minibar fridge, room safe, air con, etc (except an iron & ironing board meaning you have to use the hotel's expensive laundry service).

Overall service was very good especially at the spa, main reception and concierge desk.

We had some lunches in the hotel (bar at the pool and bar at the beach) which were both good.

Overall, a very good hotel.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hoofhearted_ar
Giuseppe N, Resident Manager at Lafodia Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear Hoofhearted_ar,

I am so glad you had a relaxed time with at Lafodia Sea Resort.

Thank you for commenting so positively our amenities, services and staff.
Due to security reasons, we do not have irons and ironing boards as standard set up in our rooms, however, among our hotel services we do offer ironing as well.

We look forward to having you back with us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2016

We first stayed at the Lafodia in 1984 when it was still Yugoslavia and Tito was president. This visit was our tenth after a gap of 16 years. On the last one in 2000 the hotel was in a very poor state and the bath rooms were more suited to the third world, in addition there seemed to a vast number of visitors from the ex russian controlled countries.

Over the last few years we have been following the re birth of the Lafodia via the invaluable " Trip Advisor " reviews and as my wife's health had improved and I had come to the conclusion that our grandchildren did not need any of our money when we slip away, we would revisit the beautiful island once again.

Those responsible for the modifications and refurbishment of the hotel deserve the highest praise and they have produced an outstanding environment. The hotel always had a great basic design with all the rooms with a view of the sea and surrounding landscape that must be amongst the best in the world.

The redesign of the bedrooms has resulted in a very clever use of space and are fitted with all and more than most visitors need. The lighting system is a bit of a work of art.

The bathroom really is a master piece with no expense spared in its fittings or their function, how such a comprehensive facility has been fitted into such a small space is a credit to the designer and the change to what we experienced in 2000 is hard to believe. As a retired engineer I particularly liked the bathroom door latch with its long and silent striker plate.

I had my birthday at the hotel and I was pleased to note that the old tradition of sending a birthday cake to your room is still followed by the present management.
I was lucky that on my birthday there was a very good group on and what I was I think a hen party to give some atmosphere. In the old days the entertainment was in front of the Grand Hotel ( which looks that something is happening there after many years of dereliction ) when drinks were cheap and there were lots of Yugotours visitors, so every night was a bit of a party night.

I think that the Dubrovnik ferry is still the same one as was there on our first visit in 1984 but the time table is improved as it does not go to both ends of Sipan now.

I think I preferred the old transfer from the town harbour as it is quite a long road trip to the small quay on the mainland and I miss the experience of coming round the headland of Lopud and having the village bay and hotel being revealed slowly before me.

The island still has its old atmosphere and it is nice to see the growth of additional places to eat and drink,

On our last night I sat outside of the covered area of the bar and faced the hotel and it was magic with a drink some music and a comfortable temperature, worth every penny it cost.

However there are a few things about the operation of the hotel which have resulted in my reduction of one star, these would not be difficult to put right or cost much money.

1. I agree with what people say about the main resturant menue, the resturant itself is a very well appointed venue, but after a few days it can get very boring although it is possible most nights to make something up out of the buffet offerings. I do not think that I would want to stay for 2 weeks on the half board basis.

2. Buy some new condiment sets, there is only salt and pepper available in a limited number of grinders, every evening we had to look for some and not all these had the grinder working.

3. Get some mattress covers that are large enough to stay on the mattress. I woke up most mornings in direct contact with the mattress. It must also be difficult for the staff in having to try and pull them on every day.

To finish on a more positive note, the staff that service the rooms cannot be praised highly enough they do a magnificent job and keep the jewel that is the Lafodia in a most beatiful condition.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Giuseppe N, Resident Manager at Lafodia Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2016

Dear nasraf,

I am so glad to read that you had the island and Lafodia in such a good memory from the old times, and that you were following the reconstruction of the resort + decided to revisit the reborn Lafodia Sea Resort after so many years.

Thank you for complementing many of our positive aspects. Your observations are well noted and be well taken into consideration. I confirm that all possible will be done to take necessary corrective measures.

We look forward to your coming back, hopefully next year.

Warm regards from Lafodia Sea Resort.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

WOW !! You have a wonderful resort and a wonderful staff. We like to thank the staff for making our stay(25th wedding anniversary) at Lafodia a very pleasant and enjoyable one. It was a great way to finish off our European vacation. Must relaxed and comfortable. We cancelled additional days in Barcelona to stay longer at Lafodia. That’s how much we loved it. The Fab views, Gorgeous Sunsets and the pool….WOW !! Breathtaking sweet.

From the baggage handlers, front desk , concierge, pool bartender, Baja Grill servers, entertainment team, Spa reception, room caretakers and the hotel Resident Manager(hope your foot gets better soon)……really appreciated your care to answer our questions and help us with our needs. Great additional touch with a complimentary bottle of wine in our room……it didn’t go unnoticed. That was awesome !! Thank you for that.

Private Couples Spa was excellent. Also the rooftop whirlpool was great. Refreshing pool with its deck had amazing views of the sea and the sunset. Really liked winding down after dinner in the Baja Grill with its nightly entertainment. Couple of cool live bands and also karaoke on another night.

Twice our lunch was a bit late to arrive and our choice not available but nothing worth fussing about.....not any rush to get anywhere.....just chillin and relaxing with a drink.

There is options for food/drinks a nice easy 5-10 minutes stroll away in the seaside village. Fresh fish cooked for dinner at the Dubrovik restaurant was tasty. We also took one afternoon to visit sandy Sunj Beach . Quick ride on a golf cart to the opposite side of the island. You have option for food and drinks there. To rent chair and umbrella are also available.

Now back in Vancouver Canada……Since leaving, we’ve already revisited and talked about our wonderful experience at LaFodia and wanting to stay there again in the future. Much impressed. Even shared our experience with our family and friends……will continue to share with others.

Loved it......
Sunshine

Room Tip: Request room higher 4-7 floors overlooking views of the pool, ocean and the sunsets. additional spa well worth it.
2  Thank Sunshine4Vancouver

Dear Sunshine4Vancouver,

Thank you for choosing Lafodia Sea Resort to finish off your European vacation. I am so glad you enjoyed our resort on 360 degrees despite the little delay you experienced on service.

My foot is indeed getting better and slowly but surely, I am starting to walk normal again.

I am not sure you already did, but if not next time you come to us, you must definitely try our Dalmar gourmet restaurant, were one can taste the most fresh and amazing fish along with other delicious dishes, especially on our slow food special day of the week.

Thank you for speaking so highly about us to your family and friends. I was personally in Vancouver 3 times and must say that you live in one of the most beautiful cities in Canada.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our resort soon.

Warmest regards from Lopud.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

A very nice location and a luxury hotel. We booked a Premium Spa room. It was spacious and clean. We enjoyed the pool and the spa facilities.

The breakfast was ok. Every day it was the same, only the choice of fruit varied by day. Lunch by the Baja bbq grill is expensief but it was good. For lunch by the pool we had to wait more then 30 minutes because there is only one staff member and he/she must serve all the guests in his/her own. When we had our food finaly it was cold. And not every menu choice is available in the computer so you can't order what you want to eat from the menu (for example no New York cheesecake).

The hotel has daily specials for dining. At first we reserved a table for the slow cooking dining in the Dalmar restaurant. Before the waiter asked our preferences he placed two pieces of bread with tuna on our table. I asked if there was a meat variant for my girl friend because she doesn't eat fish. He walked to the chef and came back with the answer that the chef was not willing to make a meat variant. And because the menu is for 2 persons it wasn't a option for me either anymore. So he said we must make a choice of the standard menu. I ordered the fish of the day and my girl friend the veal. My fish was served with potato's and vegatables, my girl friend got only 2 pieces of salty breaded pieces of meat with a lot (too much) of cheese without any side dish or vegatables. The waiter hasn't come back to our table so we even had the option to ask for a dessert. We walked inside to pay the check. A nice dinner in The Dalmar restaurant? Don't try it .....Most people know it already, at 8 o clock only 5 tables were taken.

We also tried the Baja grill for diner. Again the daily special. You get a big plate with a mountain of potato's, bread and meat. It was nice but it was cold before you could reach the last piece of meat. Again very quiet, only 3 tables were taken.

There is a new pizza restaurant. On the menu no starters and no bottles of wines. It seems to be a restaurant to eat your pizza and to leave it quickly. On the menu 5 choices for dessert but only 2 choices were available.

We think to know now why the most guests are eating outside the hotel. Maybe we will come back next year for again a nice and relaxing holiday but we know for sure that we will skip the restaurants from the hotel. Unless they get there food options to a higher standard. It's a shame for a 4 start hotel!

Pro:
- The hotel
- The staff (except the staff of the Dalmar restaurant)
- The location
- The spa
- The spacious room

Cons:
- The food
- The wifi (you must enter a code - which you can't remember - every time you want to use the internet, each device needs a seperate code)

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Unit106
alessandro a, Manager at Lafodia Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2016

Dear Unit106,
I paid serious attention to your review and what it came up it seems to be more referred to the service rather than the quality of the food.
My suggestion is always to talk by the time of lack instead of writing a review only, because in that way we can put all our efforts with in-house/new arrival guests, without be able to satisfy the departed guests.
Please feel free to contact me for any additional information at the following email:
alessandro.agosto@lafodiahotel.com

Kind Regards

Alessandro

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Lafodia has to be the best accommodation you can find on Lopud! It has a private beach, infitini pool and a couple of restaurants that can satisfy the pickiest of customers. There's also a very good gelato place right next to the hotel.

Stayed: August 2015

Dear Alexandru B,

Thank you for staying at Lafodia Sea Resort and for speaking so highly about us.

We do pride ourselves for fresh and home-made gelato, cakes, bakery products and last but not least our original italian pizza.

We hope to see you back soon!

Warm regards,