“Nice local food”

Taverna Alberi
Ranked #27 of 108 Restaurants in Umag
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

They offer nice selection of local fish and seafood. Fish and seafood is fresh, cooked in a right way. Portions are big - we shared grilled calamary for two after starters, and were full. We didnt try meat, so cant comment on its quality. Local white wines are just great addition to seafood. Service was very good. So if you want to have a nice not sophisticated lunch/dinner its a good choice

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

nice quality and good service.
risotto with seafood was very nice. spaghetti the same. overpriced a little bit probably because of golf fields located close to the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Staying at the Kempinski next door....decided to walk 100m to this local taverna for dinner. The 'google maps' reviews said everything would be nice. The restaurant has a special on truffles and the smells of the cooking were amazing...sat down drooling with hungry anticipation. Ordered a ribeye steak with truffles. When it came...the steak was luke warm and had clear juice running out of it. I thought at first that it had been kept warm on the pass....no, that wasn't it....I ate another and another mouthful...there is something wrong but I don't know what....it was horrible, but I was hungry and could not explain what was wrong as I speak zero Croatian...was it microwaved? No, that's not it....was it just not cooked the way I asked for it to be cooked...no that's not it....I took another mouthful and what I think is that:
This is a pre-cooked steak,
Frozen,
De-frosted in cold water,
From room temperature heated slightly in an oven,
Finished with hot gravy poured over it,
French truffle shaved on the top.

This is honestly the worst meal I have ever eaten....I left the restaurant and I thought I was going to vomit on the way back to the hotel.

It's a shame...I though one week here...we had found our little dinner venue within walking distance from the hotel...not so....don't go here!!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We have visited this nice place in April 2017 and we were impressed by the great personnel and delicious food

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Not an restaurant for foodies, but still offers a good selection of sea food and other dishes. Simple, good and without any complication and a loooooooot cheaper than nearby Kempinski.

Thank Miloš, jr. S