All reviews good size breakfast and dinner nice wellness area higher floor small indoor pool garden area short vacation nice hotel pleasant stay buffet style spent nights large room my opinion live music hotel bar food on offer cleaned every day
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stayed for a week , overall it was excellent , staff were very friendly and helpful , breakfast was very good , the views around the hotel are simply stunning with some excellent restaurants near by. A good place to go if you are into running and swimming.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Plava L, General Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear CSWEENEY69 ,
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with other travellers around the world.
Our guest opinion is very important for us because it helps us in improving our services. Thank you for your comments, we are glad that you've had a good time in our hotel and that you are returning home with good memories.
With best wishes for you and your family
Until next time regards from Umag.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

The hotel caters towards tennis players but I came to do some running. All through out Umag they have bike and pedestrian friendly paths which I took full advantage of. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a parking lot for guests only, which can only be access with your hotel card. Once I got situated I soon discovered I was famished. I went to one of the restaurants inside of the hotel. I asked if I could order my food to go and suprisingly they stated I could have ordered my meal through room service (unfortunately none of the information inside my room alluded to room service or a menu). Needless to say I ordered their grilled Calamari and was not dissapointed. It came with a spinach dish which was sooo good. The whole meal was on point and very well priced. The room itself had an amazing view of the Adriatic sea (wow the sunset was a sight!). The bed has to be one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept on. The only thing I didn't not like about the room was the steep bath tub. I would image a elderly guest would have difficulty getting in and out of the shower.
Less than 15 minutes walk along the Adriatic sea you will find several Restaurants, Bars, Cafes, etc. to choose from, and there is a grocery store approximately 6/10 of a mile away. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank TrianC1
Plava L, General Manager at Sol Umag, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Trian C,
I am glad that you have choosen our hotel Sol Umag for your stay.
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel, staff and service. The whole team of hotel is extremely happy that you have had a nice holiday here. Your words are an encouragement and a motivation to continue with our efforts to improve the quality of our service.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This is a part of was is known as the Punta Resort. They, like many other facilities in the area are tennis oriented for those that play or need to attend a nice variety of academies offered. I am not sure if they promote themselves as a 3 or 4 star hotel, but they are somewhere in between. As in the hot water in the mini shower never gets hot, there is no non-skid surface in the shower/bath tub. Yet, the facility is very clean and the staff very informative and helpful; the beds were extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms large enough for anyone needs. The surroundings are picturesque and the food provided is above the average for such a large place; with regard to selection and preparation. Would I attend again? Yes. However, just don't expect pool towels or wellness center robes in your room, or delivered their upon request. You must fetch them.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daveunmiss

Dear Daveunmiss,
Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review.
We are glad that you've had a nice time here and we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations to the fullest.
We will try to do our best and take your comments into consideration so you can enjoy our hotel the next time you come and go home satisfied with great memories.
We hope to see you again soon
Kind regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We are a couple and we spent 2 nights in March in Hotel Sol Umag. Our focus for this short vacation was cycling and other sport activities and we were extremely happy with what the hotel has to offer - a very good selection of different food for breakfast and dinner, small but big enough indoor swimming pool, cosy rooms and a nice wellness area (3 saunas and jacuzzi). The hotel is also very well located, not too far from the city center and at the same time nicely "isolated' on the Punta peninsula. Cleanliness of our room and corridors was still not the best, but we noticed some improvement in comparison to our stay last year. All in all, we were extremely happy with our stay there and will definitely return again. Best regards to the friendliest receptionist Giuliano :)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Miha B,
Thank you for being our guest.
I am glad that we succsed to fulfill you expectations and that your stay was pleasant.
Your nice compliments are the motivation for our further work.
Until next time greetings from Umag.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

My husband and I chose this hotel at the last minute after a long day of driving. We really didn't know anything about it , we just picked it because it was convenient. We checked in late and immediately went to sleep. We were pleasantly surprised in the morning to find an enormous buffet breakfast available. There was an incredible variety of foods available and the quality was great. Nearly anything you could imagine or want was ready! We hit the road after breakfast so we didn't have a chance to try the pool or the other hotel amenities. Our room was great too!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bikerbabe22

Dear bikerbabe22,
Thank you for your nice compliments about our hotel Sol Umag an your stay. The whole team of hotel is very happy that you had great time with us.
It will be our pleasure to host you again.
Until then greetings from Umag.