“Amazing!”

Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Novigrad
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Croatian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: HOMEMADE ISTRIAN FOOD PREPARED AND SERVED WITH LOTS OF LOVE! Your pleasure is our goal. Visit us and taste real Istrian specialitys.
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Today I visited Gatto nero for lunch and I can only say positive things about everything related to this beautiful restaurant. Me and my boyfriend were searching for great istrian food and I'm so happy that we were here. We had 'pršut' for appetizer and it was so delicious!Then we ate ravioli stuffed with cheese and truffles and beefsteak from 'boskarin'. Chocolate cake with olive oil for dessert was absolutely amazing. We were very satisfied with food, location, staff who was loving... See you soon again for sure!

PearlsMT, Owner at Konoba / Trattoria Gatto Nero, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear guests,

Thank you for so nice and kind review about Gatto Nero..

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Great food, terase, romantic ambient.
Boškarin meet-steaks done by Gatto Neros chef ,grill,Stroganoff,Ribeye steak ! Fresh fish,octopus carpaccio , tuna steak- I strongly recomend! Prices are not high, especialy because the meet and fish dishes are not ordinary . Beach is near and view is nice!

PearlsMT, Owner at Konoba / Trattoria Gatto Nero, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear guests,

Thank you for so nice review about our trattoria:).

Reviewed 2 July 2018

In addition to great food, service was impeccable and they heartily welcome our toddler and baby who both ate well. Highlights were whole fish, steak with pepper sauce and the fabulous beef cheeks.Great wine and great service. A step above most of the other restaurants in Novigrad. Loved the rear patio seating.

PearlsMT, Owner at Konoba / Trattoria Gatto Nero, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear guests,

Thank you for so kind & nice review at our trattoria Gatto Nero.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We have a carpaccio of octopus for apple as we waited for sea-bass in the bread at the recommendation of our host. Carpaccio was very good but the Sea-bass in the bread was very pleasantly surprised by us as an innovative and fine dish. Very tasty food with rich flavors!

Dear guests,

Thank you for so kind & nice review. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I liked the ambient of the terrace immediately and I especially liked the attitude towards animals that the place is displaying. The sign that home without a dog is only a house got me immediately. I cant say the same for food unfortunately. Very disapointing in fish dish I had. Wattery and pretty much tastless. The only exception that I can point out was the soup which was OK but again noting more than that. The prices are just too high for the level of quality.

1  Thank teodor_2017
PearlsMT, Owner at Konoba / Trattoria Gatto Nero, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear guest,

Your review is inconsistent and full of general descriptions.
I believe you wrote it because the review written by your wife was removed as false.
Give us any proof (photo, bill,...) that you were our guest and we will compensate you for the total amount of your bill.