“OK Nothing special”

Top 100 Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Stopped in for some lunch and had the Wor Wonton Soup which was Wonton Soup with Shrimp. The broth was good and it did have a lot of vegetables, meat, wontons and broth. The General Tao's was good too and it came with an egg roll and fried rice. The egg roll and fried rice were so so at best. The place needs to be updated and it needs something to make it look cleaner, I think it was clean, but looked poorly.

Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Arriving at 8:00 pm, there was no wait and we were greeted by a friendly server. We ordered the spicy eggplant dish to share and 2 egg-drop soups arrived quickly. They were delicious.

Our server didn't ask if we wanted beef, chicken, pork or tofu and I forgot to ask if it came with meat. It arrived with beef, so I ate around it. My partner enjoyed the tender beef pieces and I loved the sauce. I asked for a more mild dish, and it was perfect. This was one of the best eggplant dishes I've ever had.

The service was good but make sure you ask what meat is included if you don't choose!

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Loved the food, loved the friendliness of the staff, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting 29 palms. I came for lunch yesterday & now I've found myself back for dinner tonight

Reviewed 9 March 2016

This establishment serves off-brand freezer food, poorly stored, old, and frost burnt, barely cooked, the sesame beef was slimy and rubbery on the outside and inside (we asked if they were able to prepare it crispy, they seemed confused and indicated it could only be made one way - first red flag, even most freezer food can be prepared more, or less crispy), the crab rangoons tasted like they were constructed from a powdered cheesecake mix with tap water and crab added, and they offered sauces with the food, that were so poor, I just... I can't even begin to imagine where they came from, for them to taste so chemical, and horrible. The filler chemicals in personal lubricant is the only thing I can think of that comes close, instead of sugars and starches, they are using some kind of low grade, cheap petroleum byproduct. The sauce (even warmed) broke into chunks, so I tipped it upside down - it came out like a jello mold.

It was either not properly prepared in a way the chemical ingredients could tolerate, and had become toxic from overheating (the smells was bitter and rancid, like old plastic lotion bottles), or at the very least it was old and dehydrated from overheating. Since the meat all smelled similarly old, I'm guessing the sauces had been sitting all week long, like the rest of the food.

Save your money and buy some egg rolls from the local supermarket.. they'll be the same thing anyway, or treat yourself to the mid-range or top shelf frozen fare, and you'll be eating gourmet compared to this.

Normally I'd say we might just be spoiled from cooking authentic and recreated american-style chinese food at home, but we also order out enough to know what's normal and what isn't - this was unusually poor quality food.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Average all the way around. Food bland and very heavy on the cornstarch... Hot jello, not soup. Even the Chop Suey was really thick.