“Gross, old, spoiled meat, congealed sauces that taste like personal lubricants (filler chemicals - no sugars)”

Top 100 Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This establishment serves off-brand freezer food, poorly stored, old, and frost burnt, barely cooked, the sesame beef was slimy and rubbery on the outside and inside (we asked if they were able to prepare it crispy, they seemed confused and indicated it could only be made one way - first red flag, even most freezer food can be prepared more, or less crispy), the crab rangoons tasted like they were constructed from a powdered cheesecake mix with tap water and crab added, and they offered sauces with the food, that were so poor, I just... I can't even begin to imagine where they came from, for them to taste so chemical, and horrible. The filler chemicals in personal lubricant is the only thing I can think of that comes close, instead of sugars and starches, they are using some kind of low grade, cheap petroleum byproduct. The sauce (even warmed) broke into chunks, so I tipped it upside down - it came out like a jello mold.

It was either not properly prepared in a way the chemical ingredients could tolerate, and had become toxic from overheating (the smells was bitter and rancid, like old plastic lotion bottles), or at the very least it was old and dehydrated from overheating. Since the meat all smelled similarly old, I'm guessing the sauces had been sitting all week long, like the rest of the food.

Save your money and buy some egg rolls from the local supermarket.. they'll be the same thing anyway, or treat yourself to the mid-range or top shelf frozen fare, and you'll be eating gourmet compared to this.

Normally I'd say we might just be spoiled from cooking authentic and recreated american-style chinese food at home, but we also order out enough to know what's normal and what isn't - this was unusually poor quality food.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

Average all the way around. Food bland and very heavy on the cornstarch... Hot jello, not soup. Even the Chop Suey was really thick.

Reviewed 12 December 2014

The food is excellent! The service is fast and the Staff is very friendly and attractive too! Best Chinese food I've ever had!

1  Thank Jenni9643
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I just got carry out from this place this evening. I like that I could get two different entrees in a good carry out container. What I didn't like us the cashier didn't know or ask which vegetables were in the dish. I asked for snow peas and onions but got a ton of celery as a "filler". Yes u should have looked before leaving but then again it was a very simple request and the place was not busy

1  Thank osanida
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It is not fancy and it rather small, but the food was very good. I had a noodle dish. There was a hint of curry and the right amount of vegetables and of course I could not eat it all in one sitting. If and when we return ot Twentynine Palms we would definitely go back.

1  Thank R. M