All reviews shuttle service gin tonic typical austrian hotel beautiful room half board st anton fondue shuttle bus town centre minute walk ski trip courses skiing valley galzigbahn alps skis
Reviewed 19 February 2018

8 guys stayed for 4 nights and had a perfe t stay. friendly family, great food and excellent environment. it staaarted with good breakfast and Shuttle bus to the lifts in the morning until the late night Gin Tonic experience in the bar. just love staying there and will come back next year.

Room tip: every room has a view over the city
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I stayed at the Hotel Fahrner from 28 January 2018 to 4 February 2018. I had stayed there 3 times before in the ski season and was more than happy to return.

The hotel location is half way up a hill overlooking the town of St Anton and the Stanzertal valley. It has a shuttle minibus service to deliver guests and skis to the centre of town every half hour in the mornings from about 8 to 10 am and a pick up on the same basis from 4 to 6 pm. Additionally there is the no 3 Mooserkreuz bus which has a stop by the entrance to the lane to the Hotel (walking time about 4 minutes in normal shoes). The taxi fare from the railway station or town centre is about 10 Euros.

It takes about 8 minutes to walk downhill to town (although sturdy shoes with grips may be needed in icy conditions) and about 15 minutes to walk back up for someone with average fitness.

I have stayed in comfortable twin rooms on my own with shower and TV and balcony with valley view. Some other rooms have baths. I have never found hot water or water pressure in the shower a problem.

The restaurant has a good reputation which is why I originally chose the hotel. The previous very good chef left for new pastures at the end of the 2016/2017 season and has been replaced by an even better chef. The half board meals are 5 courses (including a salad and antipasti buffet).The hotel also does very good fondues. The restaurant service is excellent, with Austrian and one or two British staff. It has the cleanest glassware I have ever seen in the world!. The hotel bar is well stocked with a wonderful selection of gin and tonics as the owner Andy Fahrner is a gin aficionado.

The general ambiance is very warm friendly and welcoming. The guests are international. The Fahrner family work hard to ensure no detail is spared and their knowledge of the Tirol and the St Anton / Lech area is encyclopaedic.

I would happily recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to visit for the ski season as a solo traveller, couples or groups. I find that the quality of the food and service and room comfort makes the price good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Fabulous stay. Extremely friendly staff. Great food and rooms. Great location only 10 min walk from the best skiing in Europe!!! The Fahrner’s could not be more accommodating and friendly if they tried. We even returned one afternoon to find wendyball on the TV. We asked if they had ITV and a straight away were able to enjoy England thrashing Italy in their 6 Nations game. Skiing, beer, rugby, superb food and great company. What more could you ask for. I think we’ll be rebooking for 12 months time.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Our compliments to Marc - shuttle service, snow master, parking cars, luggage helper,...
For the restaurant we would like to give our compliments to Andy & Louise. We were delighted with the nice diners & funny conversations.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This has been our second stay at Fahrner. We knew from last year that the place has positive and negative sides. The restaurant is good and the location is also decent.

The negative is mostly the attitude. Mrs Fahrner and her family have a real problem in terms of hospitality. My sister, my brother in law, their daughter and my mother joined us this time. They had to leave the hotel because of the appalling attitude of Mrs Fahrner and Mrs Fahrner's son. They started to be offensive and aggressive as our family complained about the ski shuttle problems. The son started shouting and waving his hands. It was for the first time ever that i see in a hotel this kind of attitude. We also wanted to leave the hotel but the Fahrners refused to give us a refund for the days left. Our holiday was paid by our company and it was impossible to do something fast. We were forced to stay. Also our room was very cold during the entire stay.

But we will not come back for sure as we value our peace of mind and of our friends quite a lot.

• Trip type: Travelled with family