All reviews skiing slopes wellness area relaxing stay kaiserschmarrn austrian wines food is excellent sommelier waldo summer luxury courses
Reviewed 9 July 2018

One of the best located Hotels in Ellmau, fantastic kitchen, family run professionalism by nature. Nice rooms, great viewas over the valley of Ellmau . Absolutely top and nothing to complain at all - book it, enjoy

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Bianca L, Inhaber at Kaiserhof, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Mr. Hans,

thank you very much for your kind rating. We do appreciate it a lot, that you have enjoyed your stay in our Kaiserhof.

All the best for you

Familie Lampert & the Kaiserhof-dream-team

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Hotel directly on skiing slopes, food is excellent and you have a wellness area. The hotel is not big but has everything you need for a skiing holiday. You can rent skis and have them brought to the hotel. If you want party and apres Ski not the right place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Let's face it...also when staying at a 5*-plus hotel, the most important facts will always remain 1. locatin, 2. location and 3. location. And based on thousands of hotels I already stayed in orr visited for professional reasons (travel- und hotel business) the Kaiserhof in Ellmau is one of the very best located hotels I ever saw and stayed in. Although only 5 minutes away from the action-center of Ellmau, it's location is so extremely quiet that you can indeed hear every single leaf fall from a trees. The rooms: Very luxury and generous, the food: out of this world thanks to a chef (and owner) that is in fact one of the top ten of Austria. The breakfast buffet: Probably the best I ever had the pleasure to enjoy around the globe. And dinners are simply fabulous...with a sommelier experienced enough to let him select the perfet wine to come along with every single course...do it and enjoy that! The golf courses (Ellmau and Kitzbühel) are all in a 5 - 20 min distance from the hotel, therefore the Kaiserhof is an excellent selection for a perfect golf holiday just in case you are a golf enthusiast.

Room Tip: They have a wide seleciton of room locations, ask them
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was recommended from friends so we decided to go there with friends.
We had a set dinner which was wonderful, the quality of food was perfect, we all had a 5 course dinner menu. The best I do have to admit we’re the main dish “Kalbstafelspitz” which was so tender that it melted in my mouth and the second best dish was the “Kaiserschmarren” as the dessert. The other dishes were also good but the two were outstanding.

The wine menu is also good, they do have Austrian wines as well as international ones and the list is not short - so for everybody something to find.

The service was very good they payed attention and were very kind and customer orientated.

We will come again for lunch as they do have a very nice terrace- where you can see the “Wilde Kaiser” and the slopes.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2017

My friend & I styaed at the Kaiserhof Hotel a few years ago and had a wonderful time.
The food was excellent, the staff and owners were the same and always greeted their guests at evening dinner. The weather was fantastic all the time we were there
It was my birthday while I was there and when I went down to breakfast, there were 1 dozen red roses and a bottle of champagne waiting for me from the management. I was overwhelmed at the kindness and thoughtfulness of the management. We had a wonderful time on every trip to Austria, going to different parts. A stunning country, so clean, so safe and people were so very honest in all the parts we visitied.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends