See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Sonnleiten is a fantastic ski-in/out hotel. The rooms are very cosy with great view. Great breakfast and after ski lunch and really special dinner. The common areas are also great with a very well equipped ski room with boots drying facility.

The staff is extremely polite and eager to help in any way they can.

I would revisit any time.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Sonnleiten S, Leiter Front Office at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear S_Christos,
Thank you very much for your nice words about our facilities and our staff! We will make sure to forward to compliments to everybody and we are very happy that you want to come back!
We also very much enjoyed having you with us this winter and we are already looking forward to meet again!

Reviewed 6 August 2016

I don't even know where to start explaining how great my stay was at this hotel. The food was amazing, I am really picky when it comes to good food and every meal I was impressed. There was great variety and the quality with all the dishes prepared. The room was comfortable and had a beautiful view of the mountains. The hotel is just a few minutes walk outside of Saalbach which was actually really nice. At night when the town was really noisy it was peaceful at the hotel. Lastly the hotel staff was amazing. My husband and I were in Saalbach mountain biking and the hotel staff were so helpful. My husband hurt himself when we were out biking and the staff went above and beyond to help me retrieve his bike at a near by town where we had to leave it after his crash. They also provided us with ice packs back at the hotel. I just can't say enough good things about our experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Sonnleiten S, Leiter Front Office at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Mrs. Katie S, Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging words about your stay at Hotel Sonnleiten! We are doing our best every day to offer high quality service to our guests and we are very happy to hear that you felt so comfortable! We have already forwarded your compliments to the whole team. Everybody at Hotel Sonnleiten enjoyed having you and your husband with us and we hope to see you again soon! Best regards, Family Gerns & team

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Great week's stay in this slightly-out-of-town hotel. Don't let the position put you of this little gem of a hotel. You are just off the piste so great for ski-in and out. If you want to have an evening in town it's a short walk down hill into the centre but a more challenging walk back - just get one of the plentiful cabs. Otherwise don't leave the hotel as it offers everything you need. Great wellness centre, indoor and outdoor pool, nice bar area and wonderful food. Great service too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Sonnleiten S, Leiter Front Office at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2016

Dear BeartrackerUK,
Thank you very much for your review and your nice words. We are very happy about your recommendation!
It is great to hear that you had a good time at our hotel and that you enjoyed all our facilities and our location.
We would be very happy to welcome you back at Hotel Sonnleiten soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2016

typical ski destination hotel: traditional building, partly new interior, pool & sauna, half board, a mix of guests, friendly as well as overworked staff
ROOM: we were staying in one of the highest categories (Tristkogel/701); interior and setup nice, maintenance very good, spaceous & comfortable. 2 flat screen tvs, large balcony, potentially a bit restricted when it comes to drawers/cabinets for 4 people. Location of the room not going well with the room type: next to the restaurant (noisy, food smell, etc.) and view wise discussable (parking lot). But I agree you dont need the 1a view when being out in the mountains all day long. Personally I would have preferred woden floor because I have an issue (swolen eyes in the morning) with the carpet glue but thats for me.
-Bed: not very comfortable..too hard for my taste but for my husband OK. If above average sized (my husband is about 2m/6.6) the beds are too short and not very wide. Blankets/cushions partly synthetiq, linen 3*.
-bathroom: very nice and spacious; hot water at rush hour is a problem..took 5 minutes running to get it hot.
RESTAURANT: three rooms - modern/partly modern/traditional whereby the partly modern was very stuffy. We moved twice because we were 8 people and wanted to sit together but not on each others laps.
-breakfast: good buffet with hot dishes tb ordered
-dinner: changing daily menu plus a permanent selection in case you wanted something different. last order 8:30! Good wine menu. Food quality good - not consistent over the week though. Kids menu a desaster--option to have them eat the regular menu but at additional cost (€10).
-Service: very nice team - sometimes a bit uncoordinated in terms of timing.
restaurant manager a desaster: even though I am totally aware that we might not have been the easiest guests she shouldn´t have lost her temper, and this several times - in the restaurant as well as in the public areas. If she would work in my team I would either let her take a communication and attitude training or move her out right away. She was subject at our table on a daily routine and def not in a positive way. WOW--long ago that I have experienced something like that --and I am traveling a lot.
BAR: nice setup, fantastic view, very nice staff -> the only odd thing: the staff is hanging around after shift..?? Nice afternoon snack setup.
POOL/SAUNA: two pools indoor/outdoor: have only tried the indoor-nice and well maintained. didnt try sauna and massage but treatment room looked nice. Tip: I would have kept some towels in the pool area also.
RECEPTION: very nice team, very helpful
PUBLIC AREAS: nice and well maintained
WIFI: a nightmare..but not sure you can "blame" the hotel for it. If you need relient connectivity DON´T stay at room 701. The other rooms might be better though.
SKISTORAGE: very well equipped with skilockers.
SUMMARY:
nice hotel & rooms-nice team-F&B good - ROI: overpriced but this was partly Saalbach and high season.

wifi

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Sonnleiten S, Leiter Front Office at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2016

Dear sfhtraveltheworld,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Sonnleiten.

We are happy that you enjoyed your vacation.
It is nice to hear that you liked our breakfast buffet and the quality of our evening menu,
as well as our wine selection and that you enjoyed our bar area and the surrounding atmosphere.

Also we like to thank you for your honest words and we like to comment on some of your points:

We have rooms with wooden floors that we can reserve for people with allergies. If we had known by the time of the booking, we would have found a solution for you, which also applies for problems like the length of the beds, because also in this case we have possibilities to vary.
Please understand that it is very difficult to meet everybody’s preferred stability of mattress. This is why we switch mattresses on request. But of course we depend on feedback from our guests to do this.

As for your table in the restaurant, we have done a lot to try to meet everybody’s seating wishes, but we ask for your understanding that in high season and with the house fully booked, it is not that easy to find the perfect table for a group as big as yours and to switch tables that many times.

We like to refrain from the reproach that our staff members are “hanging around” anywhere. In our hotel policy we do not see a problem if our management enjoys a drink with our regular guests in the evening.

Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

We booked two nights with HB in this lovely hotel and decided to extend our stay for pa week. The hotel's team are the friendliest and most helpful we met in our trip, very professional and knowledgeable. Yanina from the reception was amazing, she helped us plan our hiking and cycling trips. The hotel offers biking services for free (hard tail) and with payments (downhill) of the highest quality. The meals (breakfast and dinner) are rich, creative and tasty and we loved them.
We will gladly return to this lovely hotel.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Sonnleiten S, Geschäftsführer at AlpenParks Hotel & Apartment Sonnleiten, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2015

Dear RonanST,
Thank you very much for your nice review.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Hotel Sonnleiten so much and that the whole team was able to contribute to you having a nice time here in Saalbach. We will make sure to forward your kind words to everybody.
We loved having you with us and we are already looking forward to having you back for your next vacation!
Take care!