All reviewsadjoining roomsmini barfirst classskiingspaskier
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Since I made 2 separate bookings for the weekend both for the same price (1 single room and one double room since not possible to book otherwise in that hotel I wanted to try), the unfriendly reception staff girl (friday evening) told me I would have to change room next day (so instead of early ski I changed room), but instead of a single room, they give me another double room very small dark with lots of things roughly repaired. I was wondering since the person was so unfriendly, why change me from a double to another doubke but really bad quality (I had to ask many times to where the ski room was since she said fast somehow where it was). The bookings were very very expensive for such a bad looking room ! The next day at check out, I asked (like for other spa hotels) if I could use the spa after ski but the staff reception (an old hungarian lady short blond hair) told me: “no, you have to leave” !!! why so rude behaviors!!!
I paid expensive to get so stupide staff talking to me like this ! No, I dont agree with the stupid behaviors they shown !
I asked another staff later on why cant I use the spa area after ski since all other hotels around had no probkem with that the previous times I cane to Saalbach? ( I was going back home late afternoon with a friend who got a nice hotel not so big and friendly) ! I was pissed of by the answer “no, you have to leave”
Later on, I asked another staff Diana who was very nice (the one star I rate the hotel is for Miss Diana) if I could stay have a drink at the hotel since so cold outside, she told me I could even use the spa since I was checking out that day ! Thanks to this lady , saved my day but no thanks to other very rude staff !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2018

We booked the suite for a family of 4 over New Years Eve, as there was nothing else available and we wanted to spend time with family in the area. It was ridiculously expensive though. The rooms were lovely and modern but very poorly insulated both against the cold and noise from the street. We spent both nights listening to disco music thumping loudly for hours, I finally fell asleep at 4am. The pool was chilly and definitely not heated enough. Breakfast was nice. I got the general feeling the staff were superficially friendly but they didn't really care about guests. I'd never stay again and seriously regret wasting our money here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Very pleased with location and amenities. Our family of four had two adjoining rooms which were quite spacious. Each had own entry, separate bath and toilet, substantial closet space for ski gear, a balcony with table and chairs, mini bar, and tv. The hotel also has separate ski and boot storage lockers. Carpets were showing a bit of wear but still very clean. Individual who checked us in was new and apparently not a skier so not able to offer much in terms of advice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Overall hotel is ok when you get a refurbished room. Bathroom could be bigger, very clean rooms and very nice Spa area: 2x Saunas, steam bath, relaxation area and a small swimming pool. Breakfast during low season really limited, on the other side during weekends - when they open big breakfast area - there is nothing to complain about as they offer great variety. Restaurants were closed.
Reason for low rating is the price/value and the fact that we were presented with a very unpleasant surprise at checkout: my partner staid for 9 nights, I joined for 4 nights. Instead of requesting a surcharge for additional room occupant, manager actually cancelled reservation for 4 nights and booked hotel standard rate for double room for this period. In effect, they requested 1,5 times the original rate!
Only after long discussion we agreed on paying double rate. Other hotel guests had similar issues during checkout (double room booked for 2 nights, for one night occupancy was 3, they were requested to pay 3 persons for 2 nights).

Hotel should quote immediately any additional cost before charging. Then, the rate is really high for what they offer. Be careful when you request changes to your booking.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matthias P
Reviewed 5 March 2017

We spent a week at the hotel with family and friends. Hotel services are just great, breakfast, reception team, dinner at the mexican and the tratoria, great spa after ski is a must and this hotel has got a nice spa with sauna, jacuzzi etc.. Definitely Highly recommended. We will be back next time we go to Saalbach.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family