Art & Ski-In Hotel Hinterhag Saalbach
Hotel Marten(Saalbach-Hinterglemm)
Travelocity
Bike-Hotel Conrad(Saalbach-Hinterglemm)
Priceline
All reviewsbeautiful hotelspa area isminute walksnowslopesskiaustriaaltoughapreswinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Just checked in and cannot wait to check right out. Check in process was a total disaster and a complete embarrassment to me as my wife, her family and I drove eight hours to get here. No one to assist with our luggage or with our skis during a snow storm. We were given room keys and were sent on a wild goose chase to find our room without any assistance. We were told that the elevator was broken. We lugged our luggage up and down several flights of stairs until we finally found our room. We were looking forward to eating in the Italian restaurant but upon check-in we were told that there was no availability throughout our entire stay. Front desk girl said that she would ask manager and this manager did not even acknowledge our presence. He just walked away. Low and behold the restaurant was nearly empty during dining hours. Something is obviously deeply wrong with this place. Thank goodness we found a great Italian restaurant in town. They also screwed up parking our car as they left the doors open and gave us the wrong keys along with a bad attitude. Once again the manager rudely stated that he was the manager and just walked away, without even acknowledging us. Trust me, this guy did not look or act like a manager. He seemed to be preoccupied bussing tables in the empty restaurant.
While in town, we checked out numerous other hotels that had much nicer and more cordial, knowledgeable front desk staff who discussed our questions and inquiries in detail and with politeness.
We travel the world and booking this hotel was my biggest mistake ever.
There are also numerous creepy holes in the ceiling over the bed.
I will tell you about day number two tomorrow.

1  Thank 144WilliamM
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

When i am reading the nice reviews i wonder if they changed the management of the hotel...
We arrived. The front desk receptionist seemed nice from the first moment. But in a little bit she become confused and told us that there is no way for us to get reservation in one of the restaurants in our hotel. I can handle that. It’s just a restaurant. What ever. She didn’t explain us how to get to our room... it was just like right, left, on the end... something?!?!!! So we were walking around the hotel like - where is what???
The biggest disappointment was that we gave the front desk people our car key. We forgot something so we we’re trying to get our key back. THEY GAVE US DIFFERENT CAR KEY TRYING TO PERSUADE US THAT THATS OUR CAR KEY! On top of this THE CAR WAS OPEN! And it’s outside. Not in the garage!
I was trying to talk to the front desk receptionist... she gave me an attitude - like what is my problem!!!! And the last thing from this first day was when i asked for manager - this guy standing next to her is like hey, it’s me... and he left!!!! Without trying to fix anything.
NOT COMING BACK - this hotel is on my black list! Waste of money... I wouldn’t come back and i can’t wait to live...
YOU HAVE LOT TO LEARN FROM GOOD HOTELS! I have been around the world - this is so far the worst experience...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I had with my family a great 5 nights the hotel amenities are awesome and its perfectly located near the ski slope !!! The staff are exceptionally friendly and very helpful whenever they needed i highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Went to the Art&Ski-in Hotel for 7 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel is located on a great spot and when sufficient snow, a ski in is possible. Both the rooms and spa are great, nothing better to come home at after a long day of skiing. Only remark I can make are the personnel in the restaurant who were not trained well enough.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Great location, especially with favourable conditions that allowed us to ski almost to the door, very lucky during mid march - we have skied here at this time of year before and all of the resort runs were completed shut - this time however we got to appreciate the hotel's proximity to the nearest lift (about 60m walk away) and slopes. We also loved the fact that this hotel is situated "out of town" - it's so much more peaceful and you don't get any noise from late night revellers - we stayed in the main thoroughfare on a previous visit to Saalbach and it's a rowdy town - The Hinterhag is close enough to the town - less than a 15 minute walk - if you fancy an outing but it's so much better to be up the hill a little and out of the way. One more great advantage is that you are a 2 minute walk / stagger back from the best apres party in town, held nightly at The Hinterhag Alm - no surprise that this is run by the same excellent Hinterhag family and their team.

The hotel is cool, stylish and very comfortable. Service is excellent throughout, the staff are friendly, helpful and discrete, everything I like best in a hotel stay and very professional. The hotel is beautifully furnished, the art work displayed throughout the hotel is stunning and extensive - at no point however does this feel like a gallery pretending to be a hotel - they put the needs of their guests first and foremost and make an excellent job of looking after residents. Food in both restaurants is excellent.

This hotel has got it covered on all bases - from the well positioned, heated boot & ski room to the chilled out atmosphere of the bar to the super comfy beds.

It is effortlessly chic but cosey.....we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends