“Family trip to South Dakota-big adventures, great...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
barn view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 9 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Family trip to South Dakota-big adventures, great stay!”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We were impressed with the spaciousness of the Skyview Cabin. There were 9 of us, and we never felt crowded. The surrounding property was great for the kids to run around on and explore. The location was perfect for visiting local attractions: Mount Rushmore, Wind Cave National Park, Custer State Park, Sylvan Lake, Black Elk Peak, and more. We enjoyed the town of Custer and found everything we needed there in way of groceries/supplies. A great experience for all!

Marla H
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 2 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Could not have asked for anything more. The property was clean and well maintained. The scenery was stunning. It was so quiet and peaceful and yet central enough to everything we wanted to see. 10 minutes to Crazy Horse Monument, 30 minutes to Mt. Rushmore, 20 minutes to Jewel Cave, 20 minutes to the Needles and on every drive, the views were spectacular. We were only there 2 full days, but we wished we could have stayed longer. Teresa has thought of everything! There were games, books, outdoor chairs, outdoor activities set up, roasting sticks for s'mores, wood for a fire and WiFi.....you literally just need to bring food and clothes and you're all set. We would love to come stay here again but maybe stay longer next time

5 Jul 2017
Thank you Marla! So glad you enjoyed your visit to the beautiful Black Hills and our accommodations. We have now included horseshoes to outdoor games. And Thank you for the wonderful you left our home in.Come back anytime!
Michelle...
Lafayette, Colorado
“Gorgeous, Peaceful yet close to Everything”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

HEAVEN. Cabin Lovers, you don't need to search any further for the most amazing cabin experience. There is no "LOBBY" so please call the owners to arrange reservations and entry if you find yourself nearby or if you are planning your trip. The 5 acre property is Stunningly Beautiful, Peaceful and Secluded while being just minutes away from the Crazy Horse Memorial, Mt Rushmore, the Town of Custer and no more than an hour from all of the Black Hills Monuments and attractions. The cabins are CLEAN and sturdy, built in 1933 and the fascinating story of who built them with pictures and history adorn the walls of both cabins. There are two cabins; the larger one "Skyview" has 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and sleeps 13 (or more if sofa bed or cribs are used), the smaller one "Pinecrest" has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath, sleeping 7 (not including sofa bed or cribs). Either one can be a wonderful romantic getaway for 2 or a great spot for the whole family or groups. Both have FULLY stocked kitchens (Skyview has complete service for 20)! In each cabin you will find gorgeous hand-hewn large wood beam log construction, a wood-burning fireplace, comfortable beds & furniture, working antique radios, benches and tables made by the builder of the cabins, clothes Washer/Dryer, extra blankets and pillows, lots of towels, authentic western art and decor and FREE WIFI. Outside, both cabins have their own quality gas grills and wood-burning fire pits. The owners provide stacks and stacks of aged, split firewood and only ask for a donation if you use some. There is an expansive lawn of the softest prairie grass my bare feet ever felt. The land is geographically very interesting with a cluster of Ponderosa Pines atop a sudden, jutting section of slate and massive boulders. The sound of the wind through the pines, the Aspen tree grove and the waving prairie grass completes the perfect picture of total happiness that this property afforded my mother and I on our vacation in June 2017 while my boys were at the Medicine Mountain Boy Scout Camp nearby. We plan to return at every opportunity and are looking forward to celebrating my Mom's 80th birthday there in 3 years with the entire family. The owners, Teresa and Vic are very kind, wonderful people and I could tell by the details and decorating and care that these cabins are LOVED. Do NOT let an opportunity to stay here pass you by! I am nearly 50 and have been a cabin/cottage person all of my life when I travel and I've traveled many states extensively including my home state of Colorado and I have never found anywhere that will ever hold a candle to Camp Custer Log Cabins!!!

29 Jun 2017
Wow, Michelle! I think you truly love our historic Camp Custer Log Cabins as much as we do! Thank you so much for all the beautiful and truthful sentiments. Of course you are welcome back anytime! And thank you for how you perfectly took care of the cabin while you were there. Very much appreciated!
Terry W
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Just beautiful!”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is just about the nicest vacation rental we've ever stayed in. Everything you could want or need is provided. Teresa is a lovely person and a great host. We went there for a family reunion, and we had a wonderful time seeing the sights and then coming back to this lovely place for family activities and dinner. Our grandchildren were fascinated with all the wildlife; my personal favorite was sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee watching the sunrise. Wonderful!

Your age range 65+
2 Jul 2017
Thank you Terry, We always appreciate having great guest like you! Coffee at sunrise on the deck is also one of the things I love. I spend a lot of time at the cabins in the winter during slow season. Your family is always welcome back!
Dead-sled...
“True "get away"”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I just can't stop bragging on this place! We( husband, 4 adult kids, 2 of their spouses, and I ) stayed in Sky view the first week in June.
I wanted a place away from town but still close (enough) to see the sights- needed peace and quiet afterwards as most of us have stressful jobs with long hours. Sky view was THE BEST CHOICE!!! Private without being remote, CLEAN, well equipped for ALL our needs. Did I mention CLEAN ? I honestly had low expectations being an older cabin and all. A bed for everyone and running water. A kitchen to cook in ( couldn't afford meals out for 8 everyday) that was all I was after. I was amazed at how much room we had to spread out, how well equipped the kitchen was and how SPARKLING Teresa keeps it all! Even the bathrooms were glowing! No TV- Best thing ever! Both sons and son -in- law ( huge TV watchers/gamers) admitted by day 2 " We thought this was gonna suck with no TV- but it's really cool. " as they challenged Dad to more Frisbee in the HUGE yard.
Teresa is THE HOSTESS !!! Husband and I travel a bit and I have never dealt with anyone as easy to deal with as she!!
Okay- I'll shut up now-you just need to come see for yourself. Stop looking-if your dates are available on the calendar book it now-you won't regret it!!!

24 Jun 2017
Kim and Dave, thank you so much for your nice compliments. So happy you and your family enjoyed our historic Camp Custer Log Cabins! ( Sky View). You are always welcome to come back anytime of the year! And thank you for leaving the cabin in such clean condition. You are appreciated!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$295
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing