All reviews rooms are clean the owner place to stay makes you feel sunbreeze umberto shower ensuite beds tikal lake tour spanish
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Hosts: personable family which lives right there. No meals but there is an outdoor cooking area for those who wish to make meals. There are several decent eating places within one minute of the hotel. Rooms have fans. Showers are good & the water is warm. The lakefront is 100 yards away. You can swim in the lake. Beds are comfortable. Internet reception was unavailable in the outdoor room I had but available in the courtyard. Room TV reception was poor. The owner told me he plans to remedy both of these issues in the near future.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mickey R
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

despite a confirmed reservation, with the most ridiculous excuse in the world they were able to tell me that my room was occupied by the person of the previous night, who did not feel good. the boss accompanied me to a friend's hotel saying that was the only one available, and he didn't have the decency to give the commission to his friend without worrying that I didn't see them.
never seen anything similar. sincere compliments

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MatIey
Reviewed 30 May 2017

Stayed two nights at Sunbreeze for our tour of Tikal. Sunbreeze already has great reviews and they don't lie. The rooms are clean, close to everything, makes you feel right at home. My Spanish is very weak and Umberto was so helpful, patient to explain the best places to eat, what is safe, and how to get the most out of our trip. I made myself a very needy guest and he shouldered it all with a smile. Made the trip so smooth for a gringo like me.

The location and setting are great as well. Fruit trees and all kinds of exotic plants in the plaza, I think I even saw a monkey in one of them this morning!

Room tip: We chose the room with the private porch with the table and chairs. Very cool.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Caleb R
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

The owners are very nice. When I was there I had a problem with my bank and they really tried to help. There is hammock in all the outdoor of each room. It is very chill very tranquilo :) there are restaurants and cafes close by. it is REALLY clean I would go back there if I go again to el remate for sure

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Gladys_033
Reviewed 4 May 2017

One night in this hotel was a relax after jungle sleeping in Tikal. El Remate is a sleepy village and it is close to Tikal National Park and a gate to go to Belize. If you need a relax and do nothing, this is a best place to stay. The rooms has a little porch with hamock. I love it!

Date of stay: April 2017