“Eaten at Moe's in 4 locations. ALWAYS GREAT.”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #561 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Neighbourhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I have eaten previously at the Moe's in Vail, Orange beach and Tuscaloosa and was excited when they opened very close to my house in New Orleans. The main event was great as usual. I had ribs and chicken on my last visit. They were both great naked but still enhanced by the wonderful sauce. For sides their mac/cheese, cornbread and banana pudding are good but they also have daily special sides that are indeed special. Good beer selection for a small place. Definitely felt like I got value for my money.

1  Thank IkoIkoIko

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Moe's is in an unassuming area, but don't let that stop you! Their BBQ is much better than any of the other BBQ places around town and much more affordable. For only $10 you get a pulled pork platter with 2 sides, cornbread, and a drink. I got the crispy Brussels sprouts and banana pudding. Moe's was a delight and everything tasted great! I will be visiting often!

1  Thank rowan816
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We were at the Tulane campus and saw this as we were leaving the area. It looked intriguing so we parked and went in. Perfect atmosphere for a bar-b-que joint. Order at the bar and pick up order when our name is called. Also, can order wine and beer, which go very well with the offerings. Had a very enjoyable lunch and will visit Moe's again when in NOLA next time.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Conveniently located within a block of Tulane University, this neighborhood diner has a sports bar/grill feel that welcomes both young and old alike. The meal portions will satisfy your heartiest eaters without paying an arm-and-a-leg. Try the BBQ pulled-pork sandwich combo w/greens for lunch.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Simple, delicious, affordable and friendly. I'll definitely be back here many more times. Everything is great, but my favorite is the smoked chicken.