All reviewsbarn stylefront deskshower and toiletfrench quartercanal streetroom was small but cleansaints gameminute walkfree breakfastdirty towelsstayed here for one nightspent nights herehotel parkingwould stay here againwithin walking distancesuper domesmall pool
Reviewed 12 July 2017

This is in a great place only 10 mins from bourbon street and French quarter. The hotel was so clean. Staff really helpful and friendly. The breakfast was great hot and cold buffet. Tea and coffee in the lobby all day. Great value.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
RDOSWIP, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Holiday Inn Express New Orleans Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Hi towella69, Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Downtown New Orleans. We are glad that the hotel met your expectations. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the BIG EASY!
Safe travels, Cindy Addison~

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay. A short drive away from the French Quarter and an excellent breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The housekeeping staff was great as well. This was my first trip to the Big Easy and I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msnicolecbrown

Hi msnicolecbrown, Thanks so much for the great review. Super happy to hear that you had a great time in NOLA and that your hotel stay was wonderful! On your next trip here, give us a shout. Safe travels and Best Regards, Cindy Addison~

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I reserved 2 rooms through IHG. When we got to the hotel after a nine hour drive with a 70 year old, and two teenagers we found out IHG booked the dates wrong! Wendy was so amazing at helping us correct that issue! It ended up working out perfectly. The staff was always courteous and extremely helpful. Thank you for making my family's vacation a memorable one.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Thank MichaelandMelis... D

Hi MichaelandMelis...D for your review of our hotel. We do have great associates that work with us. I am so glad that Wendy helped and got everything corrected for you. We hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to New Orleans. Safe Travels, Cindy~

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Room was nice. Staff was friendly. Location was good because it was close to Canal St. & Restaurants.
I was assisted by the executive housekeeper, Ms Otelia Handy.
When I got home, I notice that my tablet was missing. I called the hotel and asked if anyone​ found a tablet​. I was transferred to housekeeping and​ spoke to Ms Handy. After I discribed my tablet, she confirmed that she has it. I was so happy to hear those words. Both my husband and I were amazed!
She immediately told me to go to Fedx and send her a mailing label for my tablet. In three days, I received my tablet.
Thank you so much for your honesty and assistance! You are awesome, kudos to you Ms Handy. Great job and you set a find example for your co-workers. You will be blessed! Thank you for all your kindness​. This experience was the highlight of our vacation!

Room Tip: Great room, quiet& comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Hi rpjohnso55 for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Downtown New Orleans. Yes, Ms. Otelia is a wonderful lady. I have had the opportunity to work with her for over a year. She sets a great example daily for the other associates that work with us. Glad your vacation was a success! Hope to see you soon back in the BIG EASY!
Safe Travels, Cindy Addison~

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I was in NOLA for six days, attending two different conferences. I have always stayed in a Marriott property, but this hotel offered much more affordable rates during the conference.
I loved being on the "other" side of the quarters, it was quieter, less congested and just as accessible to all things New Orleans.
The rooms were updated with huge walk in showers, a nice sized refrigerator and microwave. The television was attached to the wall, a great space saver.

Unfortunately, the barn door style bathroom door, was not conducive to privacy if there was more than one guest in the room and the bathroom sink being so close to the bed made the room feel tight and almost claustrophobic.

The staff was so nice! Everyone, from the front desk manager to the housekeeping manager and staff. Friendliness was not a problem with this hotel, however, a clean room was.
My sister went with me on the trip and was usually in the room when the housekeeping staff stopped by.Our floors were never vacuumed, Our shower or sink was never wiped down, one day our dirty towels were left on the floor and not even replaced with clean ones.
Our beds were made but even with an initial four day stay, the linen was never changed.
I did let the manager know the first time our room was neglected and she apologized and gave me some additional reward points, however, the situation was never rectified.
I even spoke with the housekeeping manager, (a wonderfully friendly and helpful person).
There was some additional neglect that was quite noticeable. The elevators were not clean. My sister and I saw the same handprint on the elevator door every day we stayed there as well as the same paper on the hallway floor.

The biggest concern for my sister, who stayed in the hotel all day while I went to the conference was that of safety. One day she walked out of her room to find an apparently homeless man roaming the halls, he was completely soiled and not lucid.
It scared her to death and made her very uncomfortable for the remainder of our stay.

I worked out in the gym everyday and the equipment was in good working order, that was a definite plus. They have free weights and mats as well as elastic bands, I didn't have modify my workout because I was traveling.

The breakfast had good choices and there was always tea and coffee available. They also have free parking which is a major plus and made the stay even more beneficial because I didn't have to wait for a valet when I wanted to use my car.

I told the staff I would like to think that I would stay here again, I only hope that the necessary improvements are made to make my stay worth while.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Hi Sandy O, Thank you so much for your very detailed review of the Holiday Inn Express Downtown New Orleans. We use our reviews as a training tool and this one will definitely be discussed with our housekeeping department. We have great associates that work with us. Thank you for your kind words about the staff. We do hope that your next trip to New Orleans, you will once again stay with us.
Safe Travels and Best Regards, Cindy Addison~