1,376 results
All reviews front desk warm croissants french quarter chop house every morning ruby slipper wood floors wwii museum private balcony valet parking small hotel boutique hotel few blocks water pressure convenient location king bed mardi gras
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I gave a three because the hotel manager was courteous enough to refund one day of our stay due to the issues we had during our trip, but all in all I would probably choose another hotel on our next visit.

Room Tip: have a notepad and a working pen in the room.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lisaestradan
ChristieH382, Front Office Manager at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the problems you encountered on your recent stay. It is great to see that the manager was able to resolve the issue.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at St.James, the customer service by one of the employee (Miss Ingrid) WAS her name, absolutely was the best! She was very knowledgeable about place to go and must visit restaurant. I am so happy that she was there to provide great customer service 2 days in a row, seem like she never left. However there was one employee( with an afro) she wasn't so helpful. But overall I would definitely recommend....if you go ask look for Ingrid!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ChristieH382, Manager at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

I am glad to hear you loved the helpfulness and great customer service; especially Ingrid. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Housekeeping was not very good for the $300/night price we paid. Croissants for breakfast were to die for. Check in staff were very helpful. Bed was very comfortable. Price was a little high for how old the hotel was and the lack of amenities it had. I would not recommend it for family. The only good thing about it was the convenience to the French Quarter.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol W
ChristieH382, Manager at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Carol,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our very helpful front desk staff, your bed was very comfortable and that we are centrally located and close to the French Quarter, we're so sorry to learn that your stay was less than completely enjoyable due to the issue you encountered with your room cleanliness and inconsistency with housekeeping. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel and walked everywhere. Close to Burboun street and royal. A bit of a hike to Frenchmen street where all the good music is. The rooms are clean and the price is fair. The people working there really friendly!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather S

Dear Heather,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our quality of service, hospitality, friendly staff, cleanliness of your room, as well as our convenient location to the French Quarter and Frenchmen Street. Thank you for such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Great customer service & beautiful room. Location is close to Bourbon St., Harrah's Casino, and many fine restaurants in the French Quarters. Fresh baked croissants for breakfast that are still warm when delivered by room service.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Go9496

Dear Go9496,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our great customer service, beautiful room and our convenient location to everything you wanted to see. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.