“Wow! Great Location!”

Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Wow! Great Location!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This is right where you want to be, in the middle of all the action on Bourbon street. That is why I was so surprised at how clean and well kept this place is. We stayed in an "R" Club Level Room which came with a free breakfast. I actually checked out the breakfast our first morning but it was a little dissapointing as it is not the big variety I usually see at other hotels. I would definately stay here again just for the location.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Insgirl9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,366)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I have been to New Orleans at least one dozen times. However, we have never stayed in the Quarter until this visit. I booked a balcony room overlooking one of the streets in the quarter. We didn't overlook Bourbon St, but Bienville instead. We had a nice room with a great balcony. The first night we were awakened by Bourbon St noise but that was to be expected. What we didn't expect was hotel construction noise at 7:00 am the next morning. As we checked in on a Thursday we did not ave the noise on Sat- Sun. But on Mondy, it was baaaack. We complained that we paid extra for this room and the noise was unacceptable. The management immediately moved us to the Club level with complimentary breakfast in the morning and cocktails and hdo's in the afternoon. The hotel is in a great location in the quarter. I had to walk about one- half mile to my conference hotel on Canal St but everything else was on hand.

The elevators are very slow at this hotel, but that is the worst I can say. A special shout - out to Head Concierge Russell. My wife left a backpack in the taxi from the airport and he went above and beyond trying to find it. He is a great asset and I would hire him to work in my Country Club tomorrow.

Room Tip: Depends on your preference. Bourbon St. Loud but entertaining, other rooms overlooking courtyard and...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank iamstoked22
florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here Feb 16-20 for my husband's 49th birthday. This was our first time during Mardi Gras, but our 7th time at this hotel. I have read where someone else was there the same time and had an awful time. Weird how people can have different experiences at the same place/time. We had a blast! Upon arriving to our room they had put up balloons and champagne
was chilling:) Nice! We had an R Club room. Third time, I highly recommend them. I used the jacuzzi tub each morning. Darin, Khadija and Janette were awesome. So friendly and I was actually a little sad when we left. They felt like good friends/family :) They have a nice breakfast up there and premium drinks and great apps for happy hour! We ate at Desire twice and it was delicious! We also had their Sunday Champagne brunch, YUM. This is the kind of hotel where the second I arrive I feel so happy and relaxed. Malcolm always there with his wonderful smile! Always great to see Dwayne and have a chat! I just love this place!!!

Room Tip: Go for a R Club room!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tatita21
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed for just one night a couple weeks after Mardi Gras ended and really enjoyed this hotel. It is just beautiful, with lots of marble and chandeliers but not a stuffy atmosphere. The desk staff was great, and everything was very clean. Our room seemed updated, with newer bathroom furnishings and a new safe. I wish it hadn't been cool and rainy because the pool area was gorgeous and looked really fun. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here on a future visit to New Orleans.

As an aside, we tried a few hotel bars and thought the Hotel Monteleone also seemed very nice. The RItz had a very exclusive feel but was not as welcoming or well-located as the Royal Sonesta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelsforchocolate
bellport
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great location in the French Quarter. The instant you arrive Malcolm is there to greet you with a big welcome and big smile. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple