“This hotel is highly overrated.”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel was booked for me by my travel agent. I stayed there 4 nights. It is on the outer edge of the French quarter and there are a number of other hotels of the same standing that are right. In the quarter. On the first morning, there was no coffee maker ( or at least I couldn't find it) so had to run out and buy coffee. There was a cupboard that had no handle, but I couldn't get it open without the handle. After 3 nights I pried the cupboard open and found the dirty, broken coffee maker with other rubbish that had been left in the cupboard. I called the concierge to have the coffee maker replaced, and while they had said they would send someone immediately, 2 hours later , it had not been replaced. There are sensors in the mini bar, so if you take anything out to look at it, even if you put it back, you are charged. The shower in my room did not turn off properly and constantly dripped. While the nightly turn down service is nice, I think I would have preferred better service wit the things I mentioned earlier. There is no ice machine on the floor either.

Room Tip: Rooms fran the 10th floor have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Dear Sidneysider60,

I sincerely apologize for the issues and difficulties you experienced with the coffeemaker, the cupboard, the mini bar and the shower in your room.

We would like to address these concerns directly with you. Please email info@windsorcourthotel.com so that we may personally be in contact with you.

There are newer reviews for Windsor Court Hotel

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Staying at the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans was a little bit of heaven in a busy place during Mardi Gras.
The flowers in the lobby were the most beautiful roses we have seen in along time. The protected courtyard was also beautiful with the azaleas and pansies blooming everywhere.
The harpist and violinst in the lobby relaxed us after a hectic day of traveling.
The suite was more than we expected and was luxuriously laid out.I would highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear poolqueenAppleriver,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your 2012 Mardi Gras visit to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and that you were pleased with the flowers, accommodations and general ambiance of the hotel. We strive to provide the ultimate in comfort and service, and am I glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

We hope you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

From the time we entered the protected courtyard rimmed with planters of colorful azaleas to our departure, my husband and I felt so fortunate to have chosen the Windsor Court. We appreciate its quiet elegance, just a couple of short blocks away from the "action". The comfortable lobby and lounge areas made it feel like home.  The fitness room was very well equipped.  Our room was very beautifully appointed and peaceful with generous drawer and counter space.  I cannot end this without giving credit to Adam at the concierge desk who responded almost immediately with the most thorough information each time I emailed or called with any questions.  We travel well and often and will remember this as one of our most enjoyable stays."

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank janet g
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear janet g,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your recent visit to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience, and that you were particularly pleased with the accommodations and our staff, especially by Adam our concierge. We strive to provide the highest level of service and comfort, and I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor court the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I have stayed at the Crown Plaza and Queen & Crescent, downtown. This hotel tops both of them! The staff was exceptional! Everybody was helpful. Customer Service at its best! Well worth the price considering Mardi Gras. This will be my first choice when I go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear proftnman,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for Mardi Gras 2012!

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you were pleased with the service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

New Orleans and Mardi Gras are not to be missed, especially if you stay at the Windsor Court. We had not stayed at the hotel for over ten years but we were very pleased to find that the hotel was as pleasant as we remembered. The Grill Room still has an extensive wine list and the food is award winning. I particularly enjoyed breakfast since the eggs benedict have always been some of the best I have ever eaten.
The rooms were somewhat lacking since the housekeeping was hit and miss. Some days we were missing hand towels, and then the next day it was coffee cups. The staff was quick to respond but the attention to detail could be improved. I would have liked to have had an alarm clock which is normally available in all hotel rooms.
The location was perfect for us. Close enough to the French Quarter but without all the noise. I also enjoyed being only one block away from the Canal Street shops. If you do want to rent a car, the hotel can arrange for Avis to transport you from the hotel to the rental office then give you a lift back after returning the car. This added service was very convenient. And if you enjoy sightseeing, a tour of the plantations on the Mississippi is an excellent day trip. The concierge staff gave us detailed directions and really went out of their way to help us during our stay. Also,do count on them for your restaurant reservations.
We plan on visiting New Orleans again next year and we will definitely stay at the Windsor Court.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Mississippi.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelgirl563
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear travelgirl563,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your 2012 Mardi Gras visit.

I am glad to hear that you had an overall enjoyable stay, and were pleased with the The Grill Room's cuisine, the location and our concierge staff. I personally apologize for any inconsistencies with housekeeping, and will address this personally with our managers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next year.