All reviews ruby slipper high ceilings front desk great location french quarter four poster interior room valet parking canal street older hotel first floor within walking distance comfortable beds short walk would stay here again corner room beautiful room
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

GOOD

Location was very convenient, loved the historic feel and look of the hotel, this is not your Holiday Inn, think European,.

Was very pleased with my room all clean and no complaints.

Staff were amazing especially Kenya,the manager, she gave us some valuable recommendations, tours restaurants, music venues, she rocked.

Great restaurant next to the hotel.

Close walking distance to all the attractions, but not noisy and felt safe.

Flat screen TV with plenty of Channels on offer!

Very quiet Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Hayley B
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Stayed at the Pelham Hotel. Excellent location, everything walkable, character hotel. Rooms small but more than adequate. Natchez 9 Paddle Steamer a must do trip, the jazz band on the cruise were brilliant. People so friendly and happy. Took Amtrak train onto Memphis. 8 hour journey well worth doing, only $46 per person.

Room tip: Ask for room with two double beds therefore you get a bigger room.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank simmo5001999
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Really impressed with this lovely little hotel, tucked away just off Canal St. Rooms were very nice with super high four-poster beds and clean bathrooms. The room also had coffee/tea making facilities, a safe, refrigerator, ironing board etc.

Staff all seemed very friendly and gladly answered any questions we had.

The hotel is also right next to the awesome Ruby Slipper cafe which does incredible breakfast and brunches.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank The_Real_Mulla
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The good: Loved this hotel! The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Our room was small but we got a good price on it and it was clean and quiet. The bed was super comfortable and the room was always kept clean. The bathrooms were really nice. I was surprised at how quiet it was. It is in a great location just off the French Quarter in the Central business district so its an easy walk to most of the attractions in the area. My only suggestion is traveller beware: I was told that a convention was in town and we had to book a tour by 7pm that evening if we wanted to go on the airboat tour because otherwise it would be booked and she couldn't help me after that. Well we went out to dinner and got back well after 7pm so I figured well Ill call the airboat company directly in the morning. Turns out that they not only had plenty of space for my husband and I on the tour we wanted to go on, but they had more than enough space for several people on several tours..for a better price.. so what sense of urgency was there? I think the hotels and brokers skim some commission bonuses off the top. Not the first time I found this in NOLA. Just deal with the tours directly and dont go thorugh any brokers. you may get a better rate!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tessa B
Reviewed 28 September 2017

This is a lovely hotel. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. The room was a little small but was nicely decorated and clean. The Ruby Slipper was right next door and is a great breakfast place to eat. The only reason I rated this hotel a 4 is because I prefer to stay actually IN the French Quarter just because I'm lazy and the walk was hot! lol
But you will not regret staying here. It's nice.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple