All reviews ruby slipper high ceilings front desk great location french quarter four poster interior room valet parking canal street older hotel first floor within walking distance comfortable beds short walk would stay here again corner room beautiful room
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Troy was awesome!!!!!!! He was super friendly and very informative about the best places in New Orleans.... he was super friendly when we would go in & out. Hotel was clean & true to the culture & vibes of the city.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Being a huge Wizard of Oz fan I picked this hotel for the location and the Ruby Slipper Restaurant next door. It has a very welcoming atmosphere. The rooms we very nice and clean. Other reviews complained about the view. It is just other buildings. I didn't pick it for the view. I liked the area.

Room tip: we were on the 4th floor. No problems. There are 2 elevators
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stayed here for my stay in New Orleans, Great Location.
The staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating if I needed anything. Was easy to get around from this establishment.

Will be back here next time I am in New Orleans

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The staff at the desk were extremely and friendly from the moment I arrived - I was early but they soon found a room for me, upgrading me in the process. The location close to Canal St is excellent and the price very reasonable. I'd give it four stars for the room, but the service was truly excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2017

The girl at the front desk was very nice and gave us a good food recommendation (Coop's) although I didn't catch her name. However before I had even arrived I had emailed the main email address on the website and received bad customer service from "Debbie Dill Pickle" when I asked questions she replied the first time, then the second question I had she replied with one word answer, then when I had a final follow up she didn't even reply and I had to email again and then call to get a response. not impressed with her. The valet was over priced and as others said it was a shame to have to park by a giant skip for the valet. The hotel was ok, cute but nothing special, the room was nice but only because we upgraded (and had to pay more) for one with windows. The TV was tiny and the bed was comfortable however the duvet was not, it constantly slipped down the bed so i was left with the duvet cover all night, which happened to my husband also, very strange and it was a little stained. The bathroom was nice, although the curved bathtub was very easy to slip in when showering. All in all the location was amazing which was high priority for us but probably wouldn't rush to come back here.Oh and also I agree with the review about thin walls, we were woken up by our neighbors giggling away all night.

Room tip: make sure you book a room with a window
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple