All reviews ruby slipper high ceilings front desk great location french quarter four poster windowless room without windows foot ceilings canal street valet parking older hotel within walking distance comfortable beds would stay here again beautiful room walked everywhere
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Wonderful placed to stay !! Just make sure you park your car in a cheaper place!!! Its $30.00 a night there. Close to everything but not to close so you can enjoy the quiet! Great location. Very helpful staff and clean!!

Stayed: August 2016
2  Thank KANDJFOOTE
Reviewed 26 August 2016

We liked this hotel overall and it was good value...except when you added the cost of parking each night ($30/night), it wasn't quite such great value. Although we were told we could have the car within 5-10 minutes at any time, we tended not to want to go through the hassle and so just left the car parked most of the time. The staff was helpful and the room clean and comfortable. The beds were very high! The Ruby Slipper next door was great for breakfast/brunch and it was easy to walk to Canal St and take the tram, or to go to the riverside and walk along it into the French Quarter. I don't think we'd go back though because we'd rather have parking included in the cost and have our car more accessible.

Room Tip: We had a room facing Common St and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette M
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Hotels in NOLA can be a crapshoot. You want to be close to the action, but not be bothered by the noise (& debauchery) of it when you want to sleep. I picked this place because of its location and price (comparable to others in the area that had NO charm, it was a steal)

I really loved this place! The staff was friendly & helpful. The room was charming, if oddly laid out. It was within walking distance of pretty much all we wanted to do (Bourbon St, The Quarter, Superdome, Beignets). I loved the decor, I felt safe walking outside, and it was far enough away that it was quiet for sleeping. I will for sure stay here again when we visit NOLA What a find!

Room Tip: MUST have breakfast at Ruby Slipper, attached to the hotel! Soooo good
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pebbleinmyshoe
Reviewed 11 August 2016

I loved the hotel and the staff was friendly. Big perks were location to the French Quarter and The Ruby Slipper. Go to The Ruby Slipper to eat...it's a must.

I would definitely stay here again...my only complaint was the air conditioner (reason for 4 stars and not 5). The room was set up where it blew on our faces and we all felt kind of crappy in the morning. On the last night we just kept it warmer and I felt fine in the morning.

Thanks for a great visit!

Room Tip: Paid for a no windows room and got one with windows! You may get lucky. Really felt homey when we walked in.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Catheryn T
Reviewed 9 August 2016

If you visit NOLA, then just Stay at the Pelham: the best choice. You want be disappointed. IT is so stylish and very much in tune with the NO 1700style! The lobby is furnished and decorated according to a late 1700 touch which takes you back in time to the fabulous French Revolution age.
My room was wow! No windows but it was a kind of junior suite with all the amenities and a huge bathroom and furnished like I said above.
Great value for money and just one block from the French Quarter and the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street. Conveniently located near the Missisippi river walk and two huge shopping malls.
Coffee in th lobby is complimentary. No breakfast, no meal option , no fitness center.
Lots of eating opportunities nearby.
Would stay over and over again

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo