Hotel Monteleone
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$409
US$389
US$157
  • Pool
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$240
US$167
US$160
US$268
  • Restaurant
MOXY New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Bar/Lounge
US$266
US$253
8,175 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were told that this was the place to stay and we were not disappointed. Great staff, great location, great amenities. Excellent hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The hotel is nice. I didn't have to worry about things being dirty. That said, the bathroom was ridiculously small and difficult to maneuver in. The ONLY way to park is by valet. We were staying there for a conference and paid a "conference rate" of $199/night. There is no way that place was worth that! From the outside, the hotel and the whole French Quarter looks like a filthy, grafittied, disgusting area that I wouldn't want to be. I was very disappointed with New Orleans and I don't EVER plan to go back! We only spent two nights, so following the first night, by around 4pm, housekeeping had not come, so my husband tracked down a maid and asked to have our room cleaned. For that kind of hotel you shouldn't have to do that!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MJay5
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Hotel Monteleone is a nice hotel in the french quarter. We stayed recently and found the Royal Street location close to everything in the quarter which was convenient. The traditional king room was nice but a little small and there was virtually no counter space in the bathroom. Also, the bathroom outlet did not work. Although we spent most of our time sightseeing and enjoying New Orleans, we would have liked a comprehensive cable package and free wi-fi in the room. Found the carousel bar charming and the service was very good. We will probably stay in a similar hotel that offers free in room wi-fi on our next visit.

Room Tip: Had a fourth floor room facing the antique shops on Royal Street. Nice view, sunny and not too noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simone A
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed at the Monteleone twice in the last seven months, with the last being over Christmas of 2011. I was pleased on both occasions with the quality and cleanliness of the rooms, and the attentiveness of the staff. I am a huge fan of the Carousel Bar that is located near the main entrance. It is often difficult to find a seat in there, but when you do, it's worth it. The location of this hotel is convenient to most FQ attractions/restaurants/sites, and you feel appreciated when you stay here. I concur with other posters who noted the beauty of the main lobby, which is particularly glorious over the holidays. My only complaint is that the hotel's gift shop is rarely open/attended. When you're in a hurry and need a postage stamp or something small, having this as a resource is valuable. Waiting around for someone to open the locked door (when the hours of operation are posted but not honored) is frustrating, and most of the time, I abandoned my efforts and went elsewhere. Cost me some time. But I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates high quality and elegance in their accommodations and hotel staff.

Room Tip: Rooms with a "FQ view"...hardly. You may get rooftops (which is great) or a brick wall. Hard to predict.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank radiowitch
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Montelone for three nights over the weekend of March 9, 2012. The hotel is ideally located near the edge of the Quarter. It was very easy to explore in all directions and pop back into the hotel to drop packages, freshen up, etc. The room and especially the bathroom were small however that is to be expected in a historic hotel. The room was clean and the service throughout the hotel was excellent. On a busy spring weekend the hotel set us back upwards of $400 per night which became more affordable since three of us split the bill. It was fun to end our evenings in the awesome Carousel Bar in the lobby where they have fantastic bands and vocalists perform. I also enjoyed the rooftop pool and the fitness center was well equipped. It was easy to store our luggage on our final day prior to returning to the airport. If I can afford it I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We chose a high floor to decrease inpact of revelers on street below.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends