We had a large group stay and had 7 different rooms. All the rooms were interesting and unique with nice public areas. Everyone found the place interesting.
The only minor issue was we were in town during an unusually cool few nights and the central heating was uneven between the rooms. Rooms on the lower floors were cold and those on the upper floors got warm. The hotel mgmt. did their best to accomodate adding space heaters in a few rooms. Other rooms we ran the window A/C unit or opened the door to cool things off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olivier House Hotel is a boutique hotel located in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It is a unique and historic property that was originally constructed in 1839 as a Creole townhouse for the wealthy Olivier family. It has been privately owned and operated as the Olivier House Hotel since 1970. The hotel offers 42 unique guest rooms, lovely public areas, a refreshing outdoor pool, and paid off street parking. The Olivier House Hotel maintains a feeling of old world New Orleans, while providing modern conveniences such as free wireless internet and flat screen TVs in all rooms. The Olivier House Hotel represents New Orleans, and feels a responsibility to share our unique history, traditions, and culture in order to enhance the experience of guests to our city. Guests at the Olivier House Hotel can feel at home in the French Quarter, while experiencing the best New Orleans has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Hotel.de so you can book your Olivier House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Olivier House Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier Hotel New Orleans
- Olivier New Orleans