“Partying in Comfort”

Bourbon Orleans Hotel
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 October 2012

It can't be denied that the Bourbon Orleans is in a great location. Situated in the heart of the French Quarter, right between Bourbon and Royal streets, we found everything was within easy walking distance. Saying that, the French Quarter is a lively place at night. As long as you're prepared for that you'll have a great time; if not, as other reviewers have noted, try to request an upper-floor courtyard room because the area around this hotel certainly knows how to party most nights of the week (we stayed Tues - Fri).

The hotel features a stunning lobby, the room was spacious and clean, the beds felt luxurious and restful even amid the furore outside, and the complimentary welcome drink at the in-house bar was a nice touch. The only warning advice I'd offer is to be mindful of the valet -- because of its location, the hotel obviously doesn't have an on-site garage, so the valet parking may park your car up to 16 blocks away. Consequently they warn you to call and give them half an hour's notice before you want your car brought down, which is perfectly fine, but during my stay there were some organisational difficulties such as insufficient drivers to bring cars back from the parking during the morning period (creating a lengthy wait) and (almost unbelievably), valets that would bring cars and park them outside the hotel but then forget to leave the keys before going off for another half an hour to get the next car. I'd like to say it was a one-off but I wasn't the only guest this happened to, and though the head valet was very apologetic and I'd like to believe the hotel is addressing it, it's obviously something to bear in mind if you have somewhere particular to be (as I did).

However, these were minor difficulties in the grand scheme and so while I'd suggest remembering the time restrictions and hence not requesting your car at the last minute (if you've a flight to catch, for example!), overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bourbon Orleans; it was comfortable, the rest of the service was efficient, and on balance I would recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (6,371)

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The GREAT service started at the check in I was very impressed someone actully walked from behind the desk and took me to the elevator at 9:30 in the morning. Everyone was very friendly and love the newly redone rooms on the 6th floor. One outstanding employee I believe her name was Jole in breakfast buffet. She went above and beyond on her handling of a suitation that arose. I own my own business and only hope that my employees do reach that level of customer service.
Again, she was the best! Love the location and everyone was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Our three night stay at the Bourbon Orleans was absolutely fabulous....the location was very convenient for every sightseeing event we had planned... the staff is absolutely wonderful and very accommodating, very professional, friendly, courteous and made our stay a wonderful experience....we received a complimentary coupon for a free drink. We enjoyed great piano music and singing along with the bar patrons. ...this was my first stay at Bourbon Orleans and will definetly stay there again! Dont be afraid of the ghosts on the 6th floor..I never saw them but .they are sweet children who played jokes on me and made me lauge(that is my story and I am sticking to it!!)
loved every moment

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary I
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans from October 3 to October 6. This is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. The facility is clean, the staff is plentiful, available and there to make your stay as pleasant as can be. Everything was fabulous. Even the hotel resteruant where we ate breakfast was reasonable and outstanding.

You will find that the hotel is in the middle of everything and a short walk to all points of the French Quarter. It is just off Bourbon Street which shields you from some of the nonsense. There are features such as the courtyard with the pool that are quiet, well maintained and very relaxing. The bar is nice and gives you a view of Bourbon Street and the prices are reasonable.

The room as spacious, the bed comfortable, the bathroom large and everything was very very clean.

All in all I cannot say enough good things about this facility.

Room Tip: Try to not get a room along Bourbon Street. It is a 24/7 drinking area and can be very noisy!